Prospect Info: Mitch Marner (continued)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
If the Leafs think Marner is still too light for the NHL, but too good for the OHL, is doing what Matthews is doing even an option the Leafs would entertain with Marner?

I think if he doesnt make the leafs he will end up in Europe

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
I've been watching this team for 50 years. So glad to see talent in the system and Marner's abilities are drool worthy. Thanks for the vid.

Thanks, Meefer... over 55, for me...

First time I've been this impressed with the amount of talent on the farm here,, since the late 70's..? I think we are finally doing a real re-build.. :)

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So you sandbag prospects on anonymous internet hockey forums to reduce the pressure on them?

**** that. Even if it worked, there should be pressure on them.

Actually, even in conversations I may have around the office etc if you really must know. Lots of Leaf fans all over...

We should definitely pressure them though, because if they aren't the second coming of the Great One and Mario they are trash right?

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I use an ancient computer.., ancient programs.. and believe it or not, I load all my videos, since the beginning of August..., in 960 x 540... It's you-tube that changes it, when I use their filters to get the desired effects.. Sorry you have such a problem with it.. I can't update anything on my computer.., so I can't get newer programs, etc... I live below the poverty line.. and am somewhat physically disabled, so my resources are slim...

I disabled comments, because 90% or more of the comments (bad, or even good) usually contain some sort of profanity... I don't want any profanity on my channel,, because it is an all ages channel.. and I am nearing 60.. and don't really appreciate reading that stuff on the Internet, anyway..

My channel has constantly been growing, since I started, but I know not as much as others.. Since none of my videos are monetized.., it's not making any difference to my bank account.. : ) I'd rather grow slowly and stay up there, then disappear like many others have..

Please message me, with any more comments like this, so it doesn't affect the threads.. thanks.. and I have no problem with criticism.., if it is expressed politely... Everyone has their own opinion on things..

..And thanks to everyone for the comments.. If you saw what I worked with, you might be surprised..

Hey, I think your videos are great. It's awesome that you take the time to make them, you clearly put a lot of work into it. I really appreciate it and I know that others do as well. All the best :handclap:

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Thanks, Meefer... over 55, for me...

First time I've been this impressed with the amount of talent on the farm here,, since the late 70's..? I think we are finally doing a real re-build.. :)

Hahaha, I might suggest the early yo mid 70s: Salming, Turnbull, Sittler, Lanny, etc, but then I'm quibbling. Again thx for the efforts.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
I use an ancient computer.., ancient programs.. and believe it or not, I load all my videos, since the beginning of August..., in 960 x 540... It's you-tube that changes it, when I use their filters to get the desired effects.. Sorry you have such a problem with it.. I can't update anything on my computer.., so I can't get newer programs, etc... I live below the poverty line.. and am somewhat physically disabled, so my resources are slim...

I disabled comments, because 90% or more of the comments (bad, or even good) usually contain some sort of profanity... I don't want any profanity on my channel,, because it is an all ages channel.. and I am nearing 60.. and don't really appreciate reading that stuff on the Internet, anyway..

My channel has constantly been growing, since I started, but I know not as much as others.. Since none of my videos are monetized.., it's not making any difference to my bank account.. : ) I'd rather grow slowly and stay up there, then disappear like many others have..

Please message me, with any more comments like this, so it doesn't affect the threads.. thanks.. and I have no problem with criticism.., if it is expressed politely... Everyone has their own opinion on things..

..And thanks to everyone for the comments.. If you saw what I worked with, you might be surprised..

So I wonder if we can take up a bit of a collection? Maybe a GoFundMe.com page for Seer?
Maybe we can raise a few bucks for some new equipment?

Anyone else willing to pitch in?

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Turnbull was the stupidest hockey player in Leaf history he destroyed those teams. Now, maybe Mike Babcock could have straightened that guy out, but he was the biggest black hole in terms of team progression in NHL history.

That guy killed those teams, he had one series where he didn't carry the puck up the whole ice and then suddenly stare up into a fan behind the other teams net and go "crap, how did I end up here again"?

Ian Turnbull made Dion Phaneuf look like a brain surgeon. Dumbest box of cereal ever. He was worse than Harold Ballard.

Watch some old film, guy just literally "killed" it. And I mean Killed it.

animalanimal

Jul 5, 2015
In terms of current NHL players try Pat Kane and Jonathan Toews.
what does it benefit anyone to have such lofty expectations? why not just wait to see what we have. they're both fantastic prospects, why not just let them be that. even looking just at stats, kane was a first overall pick with more impressive point totals than marner. he had more than a goal per game. (in marner's favor, however, he's better defensively. again, they're not the same player. i love marner.) and kane had the same ppg his draft+1 in the nhl that nylander did in the ahl. and toews isn't the best comparable for either player. they have the potential to have more offensive upside than toews, maybe, but why make assumptions rather than be cautiously optimistic. they are both better prospects than kadri, but he is still a good example of why you should keep your expectations in check. people who expect kane and toews will be the first people to turn against them if they don't live up to expectations the first few years. they don't need to be kane and toews to be good players for us.

there are no benefits to having sky high expectations, only potential disappointment. nothing is guaranteed.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

I love your video's.....thanks for the time and effort you put into them.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Turnbull was the stupidest hockey player in Leaf history he destroyed those teams. Now, maybe Mike Babcock could have straightened that guy out, but he was the biggest black hole in terms of team progression in NHL history.

That guy killed those teams, he had one series where he didn't carry the puck up the whole ice and then suddenly stare up into a fan behind the other teams net and go "crap, how did I end up here again"?

Ian Turnbull made Dion Phaneuf look like a brain surgeon. Dumbest box of cereal ever. He was worse than Harold Ballard.

Watch some old film, guy just literally "killed" it. And I mean Killed it.

Put down that bottle of rum.....better yet give it to me!

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
what does it benefit anyone to have such lofty expectations? why not just wait to see what we have. they're both fantastic prospects, why not just let them be that. even looking just at stats, kane was a first overall pick with more impressive point totals than marner. he had more than a goal per game. (in marner's favor, however, he's better defensively. again, they're not the same player. i love marner.) and kane had the same ppg his draft+1 in the nhl that nylander did in the ahl. and toews isn't the best comparable for either player. they have the potential to have more offensive upside than toews, maybe, but why make assumptions rather than be cautiously optimistic. they are both better prospects than kadri, but he is still a good example of why you should keep your expectations in check. people who expect kane and toews will be the first people to turn against them if they don't live up to expectations the first few years. they don't need to be kane and toews to be good players for us.

there are no benefits to having sky high expectations, only potential disappointment. nothing is guaranteed.

Injuries could potentially derail any players career but in terms of raw talent Nylander and Marner are as good as any pair of prospects outside the NHL and yes the sky is the limit in terms of potential.

Maple leaf fans can't even remember what a franchise player looks like! That's how inept the management has been in the last decade.

There's nothing wrong with having a little hope for the future after years of suffering.

In fact it's the more experienced scouts who are raving about Nylander and Marner.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Marner and Nylander are both franchise players. Plain and simple.

The only comparables for previous leaf prospects would be MacDonald and Sittler from the 70's.

In terms of current NHL players try Pat Kane and Jonathan Toews.

This isn't hyperbole because statistically the numbers they're putting up are on that kind of level and anyone who who has see them play recently knows just how completely they've dominated.

Hunter and Bergman deserve gold medals.

Meh, personally I see them as the next Sakic/Forsberg duo :sarcasm:

Seriously though, they could end up being Babcock's new Datsyuk/Zetterberg

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Injuries could potentially derail any players career but in terms of raw talent Nylander and Marner are as good as any pair of prospects outside the NHL and yes the sky is the limit in terms of potential.

Maple leaf fans can't even remember what a franchise player looks like! That's how inept the management has been in the last decade.

There's nothing wrong with having a little hope for the future after years of suffering.

In fact it's the more experienced scouts who are raving about Nylander and Marner.
I'm pretty sure most can still remember what Sundin looked like. That face is one you remember ;). He may not have been a generational player, but he sure as heck was a franchise one.

Though back to agreeing, these two are fantastic prospects. The best we've had in....a very long time.

I agree, nothing wrong with having some hope and excitement. We deserve it after all the suffering from the Burke era onward. Two extremely talented guys who could and should be the cornerstones of a future successful team.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Hes too good for the ohl at wing. Make mark hunter force his brother to play him at center. Maybe threaten to call him up. At least that will develop him. Plus centers are far more valuable than wingers.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Thanks Seer, I always appreciated your GDT as well on the TML message boards.

So excited for when either Marner or Nylander join the Leafs. More excited for the next Leafs season than the next Jays season honest!

DWest89

May 15, 2015
anyone else having visions of Marner dangling around with the puck and feeding an open Stamkos at the top of the left faceoff circle who one-times it home?

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

I must have watched this video at least 10 times after the draft. :handclap:

People get too picky about how the video is presented. It's the player in the video that's most important. As long as you're showing Mitch Marner or the other leaf prospects in your videos, that's all that matters. You could be playing the Barney theme in the background for all I care, as long as it shows Marner dangling around the competition, I'll be watching it.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Knights’ Mitchell Marner named CHL Player of the Week

Toronto Maple Leafs prospect Mitchell Marner of the London Knights is the CHL Player of the Week for the week ending December 6.

http://www.chl.ca/article/knights-mitchell-marner-named-chl-player-of-the-week_167199

MarnerMitchCHLPOTW2440.jpg

Tuesday December 8, 2015
Toronto, ON – The Canadian Hockey League today announced that Toronto Maple Leafs prospect Mitchell Marner of the London Knights is the CHL Player of the Week for the week ending December 6 after scoring seven goals and four assists for 11 points in three games with a plus-minus rating of plus-6.
Marner recorded a trio of multi-point games last week helping the Knights extend their winning-streak to seven for a third place OHL Midwest Division record of 21-4-1-1. He opened the week with the first of two-straight hat-trick performances on Sportsnet Friday Night Hockey as part of a 6-1 win over the Windsor Spitfires, then added two assists to his three goals on Saturday against the Ottawa 67’s for his third five-point game of the season in the 7-2 victory. On Sunday afternoon he scored a goal and two assists in a 5-2 win over the Guelph Storm earning first star honours for the third straight game while extending his personal point-streak to a league-high 19 games.

2015-16 CHL Regular Season Players of the Week:

Nov. 30 – Dec. 6: Mitchell Marner (London Knights)
Nov. 23 – Nov. 29: Conor Garland (Moncton Wildcats)
Nov. 16 – Nov. 22: Pierre-Luc Dubois (Cape Breton Screaming Eagles)
Nov. 9 – Nov. 15: Dylan Strome (Erie Otters)
Nov. 2 – Nov. 8: Nikolas Brouillard (Quebec Remparts)
Oct. 26 – Nov. 1: Mathew Barzal (Seattle Thunderbirds)
Oct. 19 – Oct. 25: Kevin Labanc (Barrie Colts)

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Here's the question that I'm sure I'll get shot for.

First;y - YES, Marner has NHL talent.... and YES, Marner is too good for the OHL .... BUT ... come September, if Marner is still only around the 160- 165lb mark - does anyone think the Leaf Brass will be extra-cautious with him and send him back JUST so that he's not at risk and has another year to put on NHL weight?

Too good to go back or not - I'm not sure I can see Shanny or Lou taking any chances with a potential Franchise player getting hurt over one more year.

Just a thought.

Honestly I know all players are different, but if Kane can jump into the NHL at 5'10 162 I'm sure Marner can at 5'11 165.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad