Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCIV: From Ghost to Hakstol and all things in between

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

When all is said and done, who is going to win the Stanley Cup in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Right, think about how infrequently Flyers fans have had joy in the last 50 years and consider that Leafs fans have had no joy since 1967.

Good chance that ends this year for Toronto, but doesn't change the fact that they have been in the Buffalo/Vancouver tier, and arguably the worst of the bunch, since the original six expansion.
Why are you Mr. Leafs all of a sudden?

Reactions: BernieParent

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Why are you Mr. Leafs all of a sudden?
This year looks good for them, though I would heavily favour the Bruins over the Leafs.

As much as I despise them, I can be objective enough to recognize when they're a legitimate favourite to win it all. :laugh: I'd have had them behind Boston as favourites to come out of the East, but ahead of everyone else, before the playoffs started. Still think the same, which clearly opens up for them if Florida pulls off the huge upset tonight.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Omg right. Tampa was put over the top by line of scrubs used in a scrub role and Flyers depth in 2022 was better than the Avs.
2020-21 PO TOI:
Point 18:55
Kucherov 18:18
Gourde 17:36
Killorn 17:32
Goodrow 17:05
Cirelli 16:57
Palat 16:20
Coleman 16:10
Stamkos 15:52

And it's not like Killorn, Cirelli and Palat are figure skaters.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The recasting of good players as mere grinders is flat-out dumb. All because Fletcher and now Tortorella have obsessions with bad players.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
This year looks good for them, though I would heavily favour the Bruins over the Leafs.

As much as I despise them, I can be objective enough to recognize when they're a legitimate favourite to win it all. :laugh: I'd have had them behind Boston as favourites to come out of the East, but ahead of everyone else, before the playoffs started. Still think the same, which clearly opens up for them if Florida pulls off the huge upset tonight.
Go Leafs go

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Go Leafs go
danny-de-vito-no.gif

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
If you guys want to feel better about being a Flyers fan, go watch the Jets exit interviews and now Chevys press conference.

Holy SHIT the Jets are absolutely delusional and f***ed. They make Chuck look like a genius.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If you guys want to feel better about being a Flyers fan, go watch the Jets exit interviews and now Chevys press conference.

Holy SHIT the Jets are absolutely delusional and f***ed. They make Chuck look like a genius.

I’m sure as you know Winnipeg is a polarizing place off the ice amongst players. The team on the ice has been treading water for a while now. Most of the noteworthy players contracts are set to expire soon. Even if they wanted to it might be hard to retain some of them. Everything there screams rebuild & starting with new management. Will they do it though?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I’m sure as you know Winnipeg is a polarizing place off the ice amongst players. The team on the ice has been treading water for a while now. Most of the noteworthy players contracts are set to expire soon. Even if they wanted to it might be hard to retain some of them. Everything there screams rebuild & starting with new management. Will they do it though?

They 100% have to , but with the season tix numbers down, not sure if they can ?

My demographic is the people that buy season tickets and I can tell you people here are not happy with status quo. People don’t want to pay for current product and not sure they will support a rebuild by current management.

They need to decide on Helly and then pick a direction. If you give him 8 years 10 mill, your goal is to just get into the playoffs just like Chevy stated today.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

Creepy how similar both these franchises are run when it comes to a lack of FO accountability.

Chevy has a job for life. I know people blame that core, but he hasn't done jack shit to help them after losing Buff/Trouba. A secondary addition at the deadline, is just incompetence. I don't blame the players frankly. Maurice was a joke who had to fire himself, and Bowness showed what a dumbass he is after that game 5 loss.

Walking back those comments was basically panhandling to keep his job. Wheeler is I think 37, Scheifele has a decent injury history along with Ehlers. I dont buy the lack of effort crap, but he's sat on his ass - and let this become stagnant.

I'd want out too. He's wasted their primes doing nothing.

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Injuries and questionable officiating at times hurt them as well. Losing three games in OT where they were not outplayed is no great defeat. They'll be in the mix again next year. Back fill in a couple of spots ad they'll be fine.
Frankly, with better goaltending TB wins that series.

Vasilevskiy was mediocre at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad