Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCIV: From Ghost to Hakstol and all things in between

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

When all is said and done, who is going to win the Stanley Cup in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Did we play Thompson over McKinnon?
Did we? No.

Would we?
iu

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bob finally came up big in the playoffs. Fla was totally outplayed in that game.

Turns out Toronto needed more grit, if they don't trade for ROR, they're already home for the summer.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Did we play Thompson over McKinnon?
I remember a certain someone vehemently arguing that playing Thompson and thus not shortening the bench was good coaching. Something about Giroux not being able to play an extra minute or two or something.

I don’t want to name names though.

Can you do me a favor and tell me if you’re spelling MacKinnon’s name wrong at this point on purpose?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I remember a certain someone vehemently arguing that playing Thompson and thus not shortening the bench was good coaching. Something about Giroux not being able to play an extra minute or two or something.

I don’t want to name names though.

Can you do me a favor and tell me if you’re spelling MacKinnon’s name wrong at this point on purpose?
Thybelle

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It's almost like O'Reilly is a career 60 point Selke center and former Conn Smythe winner, and that trade was universally praised as a good fit for the Leafs.

Calling him a "grit player" is purposefully over-simplistic and reductive. We know what those people mean by "grit player": Tanner Jeannot. It's all a not terribly disguised way to avoid crediting Toronto's top talent, of which ROR is a major part, for this 3-1 lead over the mythologized Tampa Bay Lightning. Because the depth players must be the ones willing the team along, or whoopsies, there goes years of crediting Tampa's runs to 7th defenders and 3rd liners.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
@GKJ

A former exec of Anaheim, Montreal and your LA Kings landed a big-time job as COO among other titles at Gulfstream (and related facilities) today. Kevin Gilmore, former Ass't GM there?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
@GKJ

A former exec of Anaheim, Montreal and your LA Kings landed a big-time job as COO among other titles at Gulfstream (and related facilities) today. Kevin Gilmore, former Ass't GM there?
Can’t say I’m familiar. Maybe he was part of AEG? That would sound closer to the same line.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Kind of hyped for this Rangers v Devils game here. Feels like it could be a good one, but it'll probably be a let down.

Could be the drugs talking...

Well, that was quite the start....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad