Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCIV: From Ghost to Hakstol and all things in between

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

When all is said and done, who is going to win the Stanley Cup in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
tumblr_puhqpaTCKG1tu7563o2_540.gif
What's the first thing that dies during a cataclysmic global event? Whatever that is. :laugh:

Reactions: pit and mja

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Its a shame the Kings blew it when they had chance

Oilers destroying them 6-2 now and are going to advance to next round

Leafs + Oilers advancing makes me want to throw up

In the West the path is wide open for Oilers run to SCF

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Its a shame the Kings blew it when they had chance

Oilers destroying them 6-2 now and are going to advance to next round

Leafs + Oilers advancing makes me want to throw up

In the West the path is wide open for Oilers run to SCF
A Leafs/Oilers Stanley Cup Final would be the worst outcome imaginable. I'm not going to watch a game of that series if that happens.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
OK, what’s the deal that both clubs could agree to do? I see the need but not the match.
All futures baby. As many picks as possible. No players. Why trade for a player when your competitive window is closed tighter than a bull's ass? They need a boatload of top 90 picks in the next 3 seasons

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
They like Bouchard out there and most reports are the addition of Ekholm has finally given him the type of steady, quality partner that allows him to maximize his strengths. I'm not sure they'd want to trade him still.
The Flyers are so far behind every other team that they don't even have a target competitive year yet. Trading for someone like Bouchard is worthless when he'd just wallow away on a non-competitive team for his entire tenure.

Futures. Garner quantity and quality and a competitive window will form. The only Flyers assets are pros. Trade all of them. Well, except for Foerster I guess, but I'd trade him too for 2024 picks idgaf

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
McCann's nickname is Canner. :rolly:

"I believe the puck is being caught by a fan as Canner is being run into the end wall," Hakstol said. "Late hit. Really late. No puck in play. Like I said, our 40-goal scorer was not available for the rest of the game and not going to be available going forward here."

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
The Flyers are so far behind every other team that they don't even have a target competitive year yet. Trading for someone like Bouchard is worthless when he'd just wallow away on a non-competitive team for his entire tenure.

Futures. Garner quantity and quality and a competitive window will form. The only Flyers assets are pros. Trade all of them. Well, except for Foerster I guess, but I'd trade him too for 2024 picks idgaf

He's younger than Morgan Frost. You can add young NHL players as part of your rebuild, and a 23-year-old puck-moving RD would fill a long-term need. If the Flyers had the option of acquiring him, they'd probably be smart to do so. Worst case you just trade him later.

I'm not a "picks are stupid!" type, but "futures" doesn't have to just mean picks and teenagers.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
He's younger than Morgan Frost. You can add young NHL players as part of your rebuild, and a 23-year-old puck-moving RD would fill a long-term need. If the Flyers had the option of acquiring him, they'd probably be smart to do so. Worst case you just trade him later.

I'm not a "picks are stupid!" type, but "futures" doesn't have to just mean picks and teenagers.
Who said I wouldn't trade Frost? Lol. No one is off the table. If it takes Frost or Foerster to sweeten the deal enough, then see ya. My target is 2031-2032. Quantity baby! There's a lot of people out there that GM DP would piss off

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
It does for me! My target is 2031-2032. Quantity baby! There's a lot of people out there that GM DP would piss off

I'm a Pittsburgh Pirates fan. While it's pretty cool that they're finally looking like a competent and decent baseball team, they had stockpiled enough assets by like 2019 that they already could have opened their window, but they stayed in sell/stockpile mode until a few months ago. It f***ing sucked. I think I watched like 6 games last season. They're 16-8 and hosted the Dodgers last night in front of maybe 8,000 fans, a third of them in blue, because they more or less destroyed the little fanbase they had left after all this time. Home runs landing in an ocean of empty seats. It's bad. Rebuilds that take that long aren't worth it.

I want the Flyers to rebuild correctly and not jump the gun on adding any veteran talent. But I also don't want them doing what my baseball team did and "rebuilding" for nearly a decade. There needs to be a trajectory and something tangible added from time to time. Still stock up on 1st and 2nd round picks where you can, but I'm totally cool with 22 and 23 year olds, guys in their 2nd or 3rd or even 4th seasons who still have more to offer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Nobody who is currently in the NHL will be under 35 by the time the Flyers are relevant again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad