Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCIV: From Ghost to Hakstol and all things in between

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

When all is said and done, who is going to win the Stanley Cup in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Kinda annoying how the expansion draft is set up so the teams come out of the gate running. I know the NHL wants them to succeed but it just rubs me the wrong way. I feel like there should be some middle point between the CBJ and VGK/SEA.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Vasilevskiy last year was a noticeable difference maker in a positive light, this year not so much. Analytically he’s been the worst goalie in the playoffs so far.
I think Putin had him kidnapped and they put a look a like in his place.
Doesn't look like the same player at all, has he made any of his patented "miracle saves" so far?

Reactions: BernieParent

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’ve seen Vasilevskiy go cold before.

He wasn’t good most of round 1 vs. Toronto last year, & wasn’t good in the Cup final against Colorado, either.

But he was fantastic against Florida in round 2 & excellent in games 3-6 against the Rangers in round 3.

Reactions: BernieParent

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I’ve seen Vasilevskiy go cold before.

He wasn’t good most of round 1 vs. Toronto last year, & wasn’t good in the Cup final against Colorado, either.

But he was fantastic against Florida in round 2 & excellent in games 3-6 against the Rangers in round 3.
He always tends to start slow in a series. By game 4 or 5 he looks great again and in Game 7 he's virtually unbeatable.
Unfortunately, it'll probably be too late in this series.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Kinda annoying how the expansion draft is set up so the teams come out of the gate running. I know the NHL wants them to succeed but it just rubs me the wrong way. I feel like there should be some middle point between the CBJ and VGK/SEA.

Eh, no one was saying that when Vegas or Seattle made their expansion draft selections. Those teams are good mostly because of moves they made made well after that. Moves almost any team could have made, such as this one.

Bjorkstrand cost less than DeAngelo.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Eh, no one was saying that when Vegas or Seattle made their expansion draft selections. Those teams are good mostly because of moves they made made well after that. Moves almost any team could have made, such as this one.

Bjorkstrand cost less than DeAngelo.
I’m not saying they didn’t make moves and pretty much every team has made better moves than the Flyers. I just think the expansion teams are put in a cushy position where they can make those types of moves and because the way the expansion draft is set up, they can ice a team of depth right away; a hand ful of 1st/2nd line guys that other franchises don’t mind losing, 2 lines of 3rd liners, and pretty much 6 number 2 defensemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad