Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCIII: Spring has Sprung

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which Team's Post-Season Bandwagon are You Joining? (79+ points listed as of March 29)

• Boston

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Carolina

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • New Jersey

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Vegas

• NY Rangers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toronto

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Los Angeles

• Minnesota

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Colorado

• Dallas

• Tampa Bay

• Seattle

• NY Islanders

• Winnipeg

• Calgary

• Nashville

• Pittsburgh

• Florida

• None, the Flyers aren't in it

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • A team not listed should they make the post-season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Hextall closed the door shut on the Crosby, Malkin, & Letang era but Fenway Sports Group making their first real front office hiring is concerning as that’s probably one of the most if not the most forward thinking sports ownership groups in all of sports.
not concerned..as they have shown with Liverpool..they don't spend money or invest in the squad

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Hextall closed the door shut on the Crosby, Malkin, & Letang era but Fenway Sports Group making their first real front office hiring is concerning as that’s probably one of the most if not the most forward thinking sports ownership groups in all of sports.

You’re going to see the massive divide between the people running these two franchises this summer. It’s fitting really, as they look at filling the same GM/President roles.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Yohe article on the Hextall postmortem reads like @Striiker wrote it. Jesus. They loathe that man.

“Hextall was also guilty of nepotism to extremes. His son has a job in the organization. Pryor’s son has a job in the organization. Jeff Carter, Hextall’s buddy from Los Angeles, received a two-year contract extension in January of 2022, during a time in which such a move was completely unnecessary.”

first-time-james-franco.gif

(Most ironic is Pryor’s son being one of the better nepotism hires the Flyers made.)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Extending Carter at age 37+ hasn't worked out, but I don't think that's an example of nepotism.

Reactions: kudymen

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Red Sox suck, Liverpool sucks .... who else do they own?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Yohe article on the Hextall postmortem reads like @Striiker wrote it. Jesus. They loathe that man.

Doesn't that sound an awful lot like the complaints about Fletcher?

But it shows the impact of the FO when the GM doesn't have true authority - "aggressive reload", keep Malkin and Letang and try to compete. Both cases the FO was delusional and the GM went along to get along (and kept those paychecks coming).

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Doesn't that sound an awful lot like the complaints about Fletcher?

But it shows the impact of the FO when the GM doesn't have true authority - "aggressive reload", keep Malkin and Letang and try to compete. Both cases the FO was delusional and the GM went along to get along (and kept those paychecks coming).

Guys mentored by Clarke act similarly? Shocking stuff, truly.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It was said after his Flyers firing that Hextall would cloister himself away with Pryor to make all decisions, so our view of his tenure here might not be as incongruous as that writer made it sound. Calling him a “people pleaser” because he listened to his favorite resource — his longtime AGM — is a bit much. For a people pleaser, he sure didn’t please anyone. :laugh:

As always, it’s a matter of perspective. That article sounds like a Fletcher hit piece. But I guess we have more perspective than the Penguins on what a truly deferential milquetoast manager looks like. Hextall was a horrible NHL evaluator and stubborn to a fault. Honestly, as far as the Athletic goes in quality, that reads like a FanSided article.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You’re going to see the massive divide between the people running these two franchises this summer. It’s fitting really, as they look at filling the same GM/President roles.

Hextall was in a situation where he could have pushed all his chips in asset & cap wise which he did but he ultimately did so on players you’d expect a Lombardi/Clarke/Holmgren disciple would.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I was going to invite the lot of you to Seattle's bandwagon, knowing how much all of you miss Hakstol.

But my god, eight of you...8!! are hitching yourselves to the f***ing oilers. Gross. The Canes I can get with, but how can you support the team that wasted everyone's time FOR A DECADE vacuuming up first overalls until finally getting lucky. At least Pittsburgh had the decency to turn the tank off after four years of that nonsense.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I was going to invite the lot of you to Seattle's bandwagon, knowing how much all of you miss Hakstol.

But my god, eight of you...8!! are hitching yourselves to the f***ing oilers. Gross. The Canes I can get with, but how can you support the team that wasted everyone's time FOR A DECADE vacuuming up first overalls until finally getting lucky. At least Pittsburgh had the decency to turn the tank off after four years of that nonsense.
id be all in on Kraken but Hakstool is a no go..

gurss im all #teamGhost now....

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018

McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad