Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCIII: Spring has Sprung

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which Team's Post-Season Bandwagon are You Joining? (79+ points listed as of March 29)

• Boston

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Carolina

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • New Jersey

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Vegas

• NY Rangers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toronto

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Los Angeles

• Minnesota

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Colorado

• Dallas

• Tampa Bay

• Seattle

• NY Islanders

• Winnipeg

• Calgary

• Nashville

• Pittsburgh

• Florida

• None, the Flyers aren't in it

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • A team not listed should they make the post-season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I don't hate the current Ducks look like most do but they really gotta bring the originals back.
Oh I do, lol despise it, but then again I was one of the few on here that hated when we switched back to our old jerseys, I thought they were awful then and now, sooooo my jersey tastes are vastly different

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Just think the "titans" of this franchise advised on two of the worst GMs league-wide in the cap era.

Reactions: CutOnDime97

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Just think the "titans" of this franchise advised on two of the worst GMs league-wide in the cap era.

Uh the Hextall Flyers teams were absolutely not trying to win. :laugh: That's part of why people wanted him gone, they were sick of him not transitioning from rebuilding to competing.

Typical lazy hockey media. No research, no knowledge, just blabbering.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I predict Boston over NJ in the ECF.

I think the Isles upset the Canes in round 1.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
It’s weird…as a flyer fan I’m so pissed at the direction we are heading. But my second favorite team winning highest odds at bedard…without the 1st selection, the flyers are so behind the ducks. Another year wasted…it’s a joke

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Jarry had some wild quotes about how he wasn’t right all year. I don’t know how they stood pat with Jarry + DeSmith given whatever was wrong with him. And they bought!

AP22143735606197-scaled.jpg

Uh the Hextall Flyers teams were absolutely not trying to win. :laugh: That's part of why people wanted him gone, they were sick of him not transitioning from rebuilding to competing.

Typical lazy hockey media. No research, no knowledge, just blabbering.

The summer he signed JVR was his way of transitioning to competing. He just didnt do know how to do enough and wouldnt move on from Hak.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
How did Erik Karlsson manage to put up 74 even-strength points and still end up -23?

The next minus player in the list of top even-strength points scorers is Clayton Keller, who was 12th with 64 even strength points on a similarly awful team, and he was only -3.

Last edited:
Reactions: BernieParent

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The summer he signed JVR was his way of transitioning to competing. He just didnt do know how to do enough and wouldnt move on from Hak.
He signed JVR and then like two months into the season he got fired.

So even if we really reach and count that as “competing”, 99.999% of time here was definitely spent rebuilding, so the tweet makes no sense.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
There was the JVR signing in what turned out to be Hextall's last summer. But also,

He signed Voracek to an 8 year, $8.25M per contract extension at age 27,

And refused to trade Wayne Simmonds until the deadline at the end of his contract when his trade value was shot.

Also traded for a 32 year old Filppula who had another season at a $5M cap hit.

So, yeah, Hextall was trying to win.

He was trying to pull off a middle-ground where they get to the playoffs but rebuild at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad