Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCII: A buyer's or seller's market?

The trade deadline will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I love my adopted Canes, but some Canes fans whining right after acquiring Ghost for a measly 2089 3rd were beyond insufferable.
There are various causes behind that reaction. Some Canes fans haven't gotten over trading DeAngelo, for reasons I won't go into but probably don't need to anyway. Others are furious that we didn't acquire Meier, or any other 'big' names, especially since the Rags loaded up with Tarasenko and Kane, so anything short of a move like that really had them freaking out.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Giroux has been a 90 point pace player in the 79 games away from the Flyers. Across 2 teams. With all the elite play-driving, per usual. At age 34-35. Flyers should be tried for war crimes for everything to do with his career.
Tsk tsk, Fletcher really tried to make magic happen here for Giroux's last season in Philadelphia. The market wasn't there. It was what it was.

The Atlanta Thrashers will rise again.
The Recyclones

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
There are various causes behind that reaction. Some Canes fans haven't gotten over trading DeAngelo, for reasons I won't go into but probably don't need to anyway. Others are furious that we didn't acquire Meier, or any other 'big' names, especially since the Rags loaded up with Tarasenko and Kane, so anything short of a move like that really had them freaking out.
What's the general thought on Brind'amour as a coach, from the fans point of view?

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
What's the general thought on Brind'amour as a coach, from the fans point of view?
Very much positive. This is the most successful stretch in Canes history. A few people are wringing their hands over the lack of post-season success, but I'm not sure that's fair. We've won at least one round every year, and with the possible exception of the Rangers series, none of the losses could really be considered upsets. I think a lot of people forget that winning the Cup is hard. 16 good teams make the playoffs, and all but 1 of them go home disappointed.

Brindy consistently gets the best out of his guys, which is all anybody can ask for. Hopefully things line up this April/May and we can go on a run. But even if that doesn't happen, we're still on pace to set a franchise record for points, breaking the one we set last year.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Very much positive. This is the most successful stretch in Canes history. A few people are wringing their hands over the lack of post-season success, but I'm not sure that's fair. We've won at least one round every year, and with the possible exception of the Rangers series, none of the losses could really be considered upsets. I think a lot of people forget that winning the Cup is hard. 16 good teams make the playoffs, and all but 1 of them go home disappointed.

Brindy consistently gets the best out of his guys, which is all anybody can ask for. Hopefully things line up this April/May and we can go on a run. But even if that doesn't happen, we're still on pace to set a franchise record for points, breaking the one we set last year.
must be nice...

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Father Time is undefeated.

They've played even more hockey since they looked gassed last year. A lot is going to have to go right for the Lightning to make noise in April and beyond this year.

This is like NJ back in the 90s. Every year there was talk they have to run out of gas at some point right?
They very well maybe cooked butI would not count them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad