Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCI: Bring Your Own Mustard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Fenway Sports Group probably didn’t want to come in and totally screw up the qi in the organization, what with Crosby in his last years. But I have zero doubts one of the most cutting edge ownership groups in the sports world is waiting to put their stamp on the team for the decades to come. When it comes to doing a full scale overhaul, the post-Crosby era Penguins will rebuild before the Flyers. That’s the trust competent oversight inspires.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
DevotedNeedyFerret-max-1mb.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Boston f***ed up, with zero hindsight, a layup for one of the greatest 1st rounds ever……and has still built a yearly contender and the current best team in the league. So, I really don’t need to hear how a 1st round pick or two (damn you, Hextall!) has completely derailed the entire Flyers organization.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Boston f***ed up, with zero hindsight, a layup for one of the greatest 1st rounds ever……and has still built a yearly contender and the current best team in the league. So, I really don’t need to hear how a 1st round pick or two (damn you, Hextall!) has completely derailed the entire Flyers organization.
Damn totally forgot about that lol. It’s crazy cus either scenario would’ve led to positive results.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Quote from the Penguins board this week on Hextall. How many times was this posted verbatim on the Flyers board five years ago?

"There is being patient as a GM, and then there is conservatism to the point of impotence."

Reactions: BernieParent

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I absolutely love that Fletcher put the Flyers cap space into such shit spot (dem Hextall contracts) that he can’t even jump in these three way trades to basically fetch picks almost for free :laugh: can’t fetch new ones, traded away old ones while effectively selling low on many assets. Guy is a genius

No wonder his name is not on THE LETTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad