Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCI: Bring Your Own Mustard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That seems reasonable for both teams? It's a quantity of solid picks and Boston gets two good pieces. Hathaway's not Orlov, but he's not a throw-in either.

*Edit* I got a solid Chuckle out of the Wild being the 3rd team getting a free asset.

The Caps will be rebuilt before the Flyers. Despite even winning a Cup during the long and torturous...whatever it is we are doing.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
FpsCl-jXEAYt3lo

ColonWhiff2.gif

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
That seems reasonable for both teams? It's a quantity of solid picks and Boston gets two good pieces. Hathaway's not Orlov, but he's not a throw-in either.

*Edit* I got a solid Chuckle out of the Wild being the 3rd team.
It’s a good trade for Boston. If Fletcher had his ass on behind him he should have been able to a good sized deal with Boston moving Provorov, Hayes, Laughton or something. Instead Fletcher is asleep at the switch and missed an opportunity.
The worst thing for a GM is to be out of the loop when deals are going down. I believe that that is where he is. Other clubs ignore him until they know that they can rape him in a trade. I don’t expect the Flyers to do anything of significance at the TDL except JVR for a 4th. For that cost they might as well see if they can extend him - 2@ $3.5 or something. If all that he can get is a 3rd or 4th round pick, he’s not going to get much as an UFA.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Trading Provorov would hurt his feelings.

Or more likely, the team has completely tanked his value and between that and GMs expecting to just rip Fletcher off at will, the offers are bad. Or most likely of all, Fletcher has been too lazy to even try trading him yet.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Chuck is going to trade JVR and Braun for a pick and a bag of pucks then trade that pick to Seattle for Oleksiak.

Trading Provorov would hurt his feelings.

Or more likely, the team has completely tanked his value and between that and GMs expecting to just rip Fletcher off at will, the offers are bad. Or most likely of all, Fletcher has been too lazy to even try trading him yet.
It’s hard work man, don’t you know?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It’s a good trade for Boston. If Fletcher had his ass on behind him he should have been able to a good sized deal with Boston moving Provorov, Hayes, Laughton or something. Instead Fletcher is asleep at the switch and missed an opportunity.
The worst thing for a GM is to be out of the loop when deals are going down. I believe that that is where he is. Other clubs ignore him until they know that they can rape him in a trade. I don’t expect the Flyers to do anything of significance at the TDL except JVR for a 4th. For that cost they might as well see if they can extend him - 2@ $3.5 or something. If all that he can get is a 3rd or 4th round pick, he’s not going to get much as an UFA.

As we have often seen, though, the price that Fletcher is able to attach to a player is never an accurate measure of their worth.

Reactions: renberg

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

I like it much better for Boston too, but I think it’s pretty fair based on the prices the market would usually pay. I’ve historically been much higher than consensus on Orlov in particular.

That Boston pick is going to be 27-32. That’s not nearly as valuable as common wisdom says to me. Basically everything after Tier 2 of a draft is trade down territory to me. Now you may get a guy you have on Tier 2 at 21, but that’s not usual.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I like it much better for Boston too, but I think it’s pretty fair based on the prices the market would usually pay. I’ve historically been much higher than consensus on Orlov in particular.

That Boston pick is going to be 27-32. That’s not nearly as valuable as common wisdom says to me. Basically everything after Tier 2 of a draft is trade down territory to me. Now you may get a guy you have on Tier 2 at 21, but that’s not usual.

I have wanted Orlov for a while.

I get TDA instead.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The Bruins are stacked.

Probably going to lose to a wild card team in the first round now. :laugh:
Actually I don’t see it that way. The playoffs are hard hockey. If I were an opponent of the Bruins, I’d take it physically to Bergeron and Krejci. They’re older guys that probably can’t take that type of play like they did when they were younger. If those two get dinged up, the Bruins are screwed since they have little depth at center ice.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Actually I don’t see it that way. The playoffs are hard hockey. If I were an opponent of the Bruins, I’d take it physically to Bergeron and Krejci. They’re older guys that probably can’t take that type of play like they did when they were younger. If those two get dinged up, the Bruins are screwed since they have little depth at center ice.

Foligno Frederick Hathaway.

That’s as tough and rough you can get and actual hockey players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad