Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCI: Bring Your Own Mustard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Sullivan is way past his expiration date.
Also it's not just Pens third line it's their whole bottom 6 which is as anemic as it gets. Pens have zero chance to make it past the first round in their current form. Only thing that remains to be seen is exactly how passive is Hextall going to be during the TDL.
The plan was probably to axe Sullivan and reunite with Hakstol. Hexy was blindsided by the Kraken's success.

Reactions: BernieParent

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Jeff Carter is very much playing like you’d imagine a 38 year old would. Hextall’s pro additions still very much suck there like they did here.

I remember Flyers fans wanted Fletcher to acquire Carter. Hextall and Fletcher fighting to acquire an old cooked center must’ve been a real battle behind the scenes. For some reason, Hextall actually re-signed Carter this summer to a 2 year deal with a NMC. :laugh:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I remember Flyers fans wanted Fletcher to acquire Carter. Hextall and Fletcher fighting to acquire an old cooked center must’ve been a real battle behind the scenes. For some reason, Hextall actually re-signed Carter this summer to a 2 year deal with a NMC. :laugh:

Hextall nearly acquired Deslauriers last deadline too. You can tell they came up under similar people. Intangibles & name reputation over reality. One just overpays for it while the other is more reserved in that regard.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Hextall nearly acquired Deslauriers last deadline too. You can tell they came up under similar people. Intangibles & name reputation over reality. One just overpays for it while the other is more reserved in that regard.
And with both it's kinda hard to point to a single decision that would be considered as a major success.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

It’s funny, for as much as the Bias for Action line was thrown around for Charles, Hextall has done a lot of action lately. And we’ve seen how neither man should ever have a Bias for Action. :laugh:

That Rakell move has been best case so far, but that was working against the multi-year trend.

Hextall also acquired a more expensive 34 year old Petry for a 28 year old Matheson, who finally seemed to have it together. Petry hasn’t been bad, but he’s on a 3 year contract (Fletcher dug this move), and he’s more so been carried by Pettersson — the same Pettersson who Hextall was rumored to be looking to move. Matheson has been injured, but he’s carried over his positive play. The Marino trade was a slaughter. McGinn was a Dale Weise special. Hextall got lucky that POJ was in the system or that defense would look worse.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Will be interesting to see what Tampa/Bruins do. Leafs should STILL try and add another C so they can keep ROR with that line....and of course need a D. Their goaltending will never measure up....just gotta hope.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Weaponize. Cap. Space.

Hawks will win another cup before the Flyers are even realistically competeting for one. I shouldn't be amazed at this point, but it still blows my mind the tolerance that this org has for mediocrity and total failure. Willfull ignorance at its best.

usleGLxmeqgUw.gif

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Weaponize. Cap. Space.

Thank god this team gave up picks for TDA instead, and also signed a meathead to a 4 year contract.

Much better use of cap space and assets.

Hawks will win another cup before the Flyers are even realistically competeting for one. I shouldn't be amazed at this point, but it still blows my mind the tolerance that this org has for mediocrity and total failure. Willfull ignorance at its best.

View attachment 654945
Hawks are entering their second full rebuild after their dynasty ended, and the Flyers are almost into their second decade of being 2 years away.

I want to get off the ride that is this being a fan of this team.

Last edited:

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016

This has Chuck Fletcher written all over it. Claim incoming?

You may be correct Joey Anderson is from Minnesota and Chuck’s father Cliff Fletcher is a senior advisor for the Maple Leafs so it’s likely that Anderson could become a waiver claim tomorrow if the teams that have waiver priority over the Flyers don’t claim Anderson.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
You may be correct Joey Anderson is from Minnesota and Chuck’s father Cliff Fletcher is a senior advisor for the Maple Leafs so it’s likely that Anderson could become a waiver claim tomorrow if the teams that have waiver priority over the Flyers don’t claim Anderson.

Holy smokes this league is the Amish of the big 4. I guess I feel slightly better that it's not just the Flyers, but goddamn

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Thank god this team gave up picks for TDA instead, and also signed a meathead to a 4 year contract.

Much better use of cap space and assets.

Hawks are entering their second full rebuild after their dynasty ended, and the Flyers are almost into their second decade of being 2 years away.

I want to get off the ride that is this being a fan of this team.
they are gunna finish this year by getting Bedard aswell..

meanwhile Chuckles cant even figure how to get out of the bathroom

Reactions: bennysflyers16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad