Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCI: Bring Your Own Mustard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I don’t think the Leafs trade for RoR if he still has term left. The Leafs are covering 25 percent of the money owed to him. Good luck getting that for Hayes. It’s really not a good comparable.
Chuck is to stupid to work a trade like that anyway with all the moving parts.
Plus he admitted these types of trades are hard

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Toronto also got Acciari, and ROR didn’t have trade protection.

Giroux has had a better career, but has never had a playoff run like ROR did in 2019.

3 years ago they were a top 10 team heading into the playoffs when Covid hit. St Louis are missing the playoffs and trading off their UFA vets. That’s not similar to where the Flyers were in 2020.
letterkenny-to-be-fair.gif

Yes but giroux also hasn't had a strong team around him either but giroux has made the Stanley cup finals once ;)

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I think like a decade or so ago even amongst American players there was a narrative that elite players go to the CHL. But as guys like Eichel, Werenski, Larkin, Connor, Makar, etc. went the NCAA route it proved talent is talent regardless of what path it goes. So now you’re seeing more elite American players go to the NCAA opposed to CHL. After Makar you’re even seeing more Canadians give that route more consideration than before.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The Blues played the Avalanche arguably tougher than the Lighting, Oilers, or Predators did just last year.

The Flyers still in their heart of hearts believe 2020 was real and not an aberration.

Great well run organization worthy of much praise.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Why should he stop telling the truth? Because the GM you are more loyal to than you are to the team did a bad job and you don't want to be reminded of that?

I wonder if it is the same person who said...

the following in the Deslauriers signing with NTC thread
I told everyone I'd give him one more summer.

Right now, he's losing my faith. I kind of like having Deslauriers, but they need a bigger move than they've made (though I am in favor of DeAngelo).

I'm hoping they've got some more irons in the fire. But the patience I've given Chuck, yes, starting to wane unless something changes.

or the following in the Artem Anisimov PTO thread
Laughton can handle 3C.

The problems are 1C and 2C.

Hayes is a 2C who's going to be a 1C.

And they don't have anyone at 2C unless Morgan Frost takes a gigantic leap.

or in the Roussel PTO thread
Roussel will add to the intensity of the camp. You know he's going to be battling his ass off trying to earn a spot. Everyone's going to have to be on high compete to win their roster spots.

Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad