Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCI: Bring Your Own Mustard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I want to see if they trade Clarke.

Well, the Kings trading for Chychrun takes one suitor out of the Provorov market. If Edmonton trades for Karlsson, that's another. I don't mind it really. Fletcher doesn't have anyone to munch on Provy's minutes, and he needs to be really sure he's not a #1. I would spend another season with Provorov and York together, and then begin to evaluate.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
I'm interested in Carter Sotheran for the draft also if you wanna drop a scouting report. :thumbu:
Are you Fletcher? Just kidding but he is just a RHD with size. Decent skating but he sucks with the puck. Tried to make one outlet pass and missed by 15 feet for an icing. Every other time the puck is on his stick for a second and he is throwing to the boards.

Hawks use him in a very limited circumstance. No power play or kill. I was a bit buzzed at the game and don’t know all the players but I’d assume he wasn’t against the top players from Seattle.

He stands out from a physical presence but holy shit.... he flat out sucks with the puck to the point it was obvious his teammates would not pass to him

When the hawks were chasing the game he didn’t see the ice.

Other than his physical presence, not much else there. I’d say a late round pick on a Flyer. Perfect pick for chuck

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I want to see if they trade Clarke.

Well, the Kings trading for Chychrun takes one suitor out of the Provorov market. If Edmonton trades for Karlsson, that's another. I don't mind it really. Fletcher doesn't have anyone to munch on Provy's minutes, and he needs to be really sure he's not a #1. I would spend another season with Provorov and York together, and then begin to evaluate.

I mean we've finally found another person to car- err, compliment Provorov. We HAVE to give it more time.

Reactions: Magua

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I would be pretty surprised if Clarke goes for Chychrun tbh. That seems a bit too much imo.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I would be pretty surprised if Clarke goes for Chychrun tbh. That seems a bit too much imo.

With Chychrun’s cheap contract with 2.5 years term, I don’t see why Arizona would take less though. They’re also timing his sell at a production peak. The Kings aren’t trading Byfield, which just leaves depth prospects and marginal players. And guys who aren’t great for Arizona’s timeline, minus Kaliyev, and he’s not the difference maker to me.

I like Clarke, but he’s not a slam dunk elite player either. Precedent tells me that’s a fair main piece for both sides. Frankly, I think Arizona looks weak backing off that line.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
With Chychrun’s cheap contract with 2.5 years term, I don’t see why Arizona would take less though. They’re also timing his sell at a production peak. The Kings aren’t trading Byfield, which just leaves depth prospects and marginal players. And guys who aren’t great for Arizona’s timeline, minus Kaliyev, and he’s not the difference maker to me.

I like Clarke, but he’s not a slam dunk elite player either. Precedent tells me that’s a fair main piece for both sides. Frankly, I think Arizona looks weak backing off that line.

Yeah, I guess it’s not so much it’s not fair, it’s more if I was LA, would I give up Clarke?

The value may be even, but are there other ways to make your team better without giving up something that is a clear are of need (young defense)? Yes, you’re getting a youngish very good defenseman, but can you move out one of your younger offensive RFA’s for another defenseman (read Kaliyev for Provy lol). Now Provy isn’t Chychrun, not saying that, but he’s a quality player, douchebag, but a quality player. And I am just using him as an example. The point is, can you get another 23-25 year old defenseman without trading Clarke?

Last edited:

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Yeah, I guess it’s not so much it’s not fair, it’s more if I was LA, would I give up Clarke?

The value may be even, but are there other ways to make your team better without giving up something that is a clear are of need (young defense)? Yes, you’re getting a younger very good defenseman, but can you move out one of your younger offensive RFA’s for another defenseman (read Kaliyev for Provy lol). Now Provy isn’t Chychrun, not saying that, but he’s a quality player, douchebag, but a quality player. And I am just using him as an example. The point is, can you get another 23-25 year old defenseman without trading Clarke?

I think young top pair-ish NHL defensemen, in general, make GMs freebase cocaine and make 3am calls. Under 25 with 2.5 years at $4.6 mil? Whoa, boy. Whatever I think of Chychrun — that he’s definitely not a #1 — I think the league is higher on him. He’s a better Provorov, but his trade timing is so far at the other (positive) extreme too. If YOU believe he’s a high end top pair guy, then they don’t regularly become available. The Kings might feel deep down Chychrun fits their window better.

So, I’m basing it off that. Look at Jones with 1 year of term as the ceiling. Or even Ristolainen as a floor. Or Lindholm. Chychrun has more term at less than any of them had, and I think they were all at less than peak value. I think a Clarke-less package is sub-market cost.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad