Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XC: Stoppage Time Not Required

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Visiting with unfortunate news that may be desirable to know considering his history with y'all. Nobody is able to be certain yet, but the noises coming out of the CBJ front office make it sound like Jakub Voracek is facing the possibility of having been concussed into early retirement. :(

At first, Blue Jackets right winger Jakub Voracek was coming by Nationwide Arena each morning to watch practice, even though he was out of the lineup and fighting the effects of a concussion suffered during the NHL Global Series in Finland.

He’d sit on the other side of the rink away from the media, up about 10 rows behind the Blue Jackets bench, easily within chirping distance of his teammates.

But as the symptoms lingered, Voracek stopped watching practice and his visits to the rink became less frequent.

Now there is great concern that Voracek, one of the more beloved players in Columbus and across the NHL, may have played his last game.

The Blue Jackets released an ominous statement on Friday saying that doctors have advised Voracek not to play until his “ongoing symptoms subside,” while adding that they “don’t expect a resolution in the near future.”

Voracek, 33, will hold a press conference on Monday in Nationwide Arena to provide further clarity.

Personally, I don't think Monday is a retirement announcement yet... but when the problem insists on sticking around like that, we all know it's not good. :(

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Visiting with unfortunate news that may be desirable to know considering his history with y'all. Nobody is able to be certain yet, but the noises coming out of the CBJ front office make it sound like Jakub Voracek is facing the possibility of having been concussed into early retirement. :(

Personally, I don't think Monday is a retirement announcement yet... but when the problem insists on sticking around like that, we all know it's not good. :(
I blame Hextall.
Edit: Christ I can't even joke about it. Actually I blame that spinless f***ing nitwit AV and every last dino in flyers front office country club who put him there.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Hershey was winning 3-2 at the start of the period
20221204_161335.jpg

20221204_161335.jpg
7-3 now

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

What the hell? I blame Fletcher. Every player involved in every trade he makes is cursed.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
This really sucks man. I hope he has a healthy life and a good recovery. I was really looking forward to him finishing his career off with a playoff team possibly. Wanted to see him sign with a team thst had a chance.

Such a stupid trade. It made no sense to get Atkinson who has a longer contract and if voracek does retire, then his contract comes off the books even sooner than anticipated. f*** fletcher, He has made this team unbearable. The giroux trade hurt but we all saw it coming…the voracek one kinda hit me harder

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

Oh no :(

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
View attachment 617016

7-3 now
Screenshot_20221205-081121_Samsung Internet.jpg

Fucale stopped 2/7 shots in the first 8 minutes of the second. Is that good? (All but maybe one were completely stoppable) the man could not stop a beach ball yesterday... literally the feeling of every shot the Pens take might go in... for the most part, they did.

The only reason he wasn't pulled sooner is their backup yesterday is an ECHLer with 2 games of AHL experience they just signed to a PTO literally a couple hours before the game. Funnily enough he stopped all 10 shots he faced but WBS had really let up by that point.

Really think it was the worst game I've seen in person since maybe 2005. On the plus side, I got my jersey (and team picture) signed and got all but five or six players.
20221204_201324.jpg

20221204_201310.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad