Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XC: Stoppage Time Not Required

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Jake update:
“Obviously, I sustained a concussion in Finland,” Voracek said, referring to his last game, the NHL Global Series between Columbus and Colorado in Tampere on Nov. 4. “After talking to many people and many doctors, we came to the conclusion that, as of now, I’m not capable of coming back, or I won’t be coming back anytime soon.

“I’m going to make my best efforts to try (and play again), but it might be a long process. As of now, I don’t see myself playing in the near future. But I’ll do everything I can to get back on the ice.”

When asked if there was a chance he’d return to play this season, Voracek responded: “Very slim.”
Voracek said his day-to-day symptoms now are manageable, that he’s “capable of living a normal life off the ice, which is important.” He declined to discuss publicly what symptoms he’s having or how frequently he has them.
“I can tell you that right now (retirement) is not in my mind,” Voracek said. “There’s a lot of time to recover from (this).

“I wouldn’t say I’m a sentimental person that gets stuck on things if I can’t do them. If I can’t, or they tell me I’m not allowed to, I’ll just move on and do something else. I think that’s the right approach for me right here.”

Full video here:

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
"7 or 8 concussions and then there were some the doctors were not sure about"
Ughhh.... This is just. Not worth it. Is it?
if i were a betting man. id say hes unofficaly officaly retiring..

ill be very surprized if he risks his after hockey life quality by coming back.

im sure as a pro he wants to keep playing. but the reality is he hangs up the skates

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
if i were a betting man. id say hes unofficaly officaly retiring..

ill be very surprized if he risks his after hockey life quality by coming back.

im sure as a pro he wants to keep playing. but the reality is he hangs up the skates
That's my presumption as well. That he's still holding out some small hope that things will magically get better by next year but not expecting it.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I would explode with rage if you were any close to truth there. The Flyers would manage to find one FINAL nail for me. And one I would never forgive
What else would you expect? They kept shaving Masons bone cartilage or whatever until his coach quit. Simmer said at one point during 18-19 season he played through 4 different injuries at the same time. Couts playing on one knee, G got concussed that one time by Subban and played through a stretch of a games where he looked utterly hazy at best yet they didn't rest him. Ghost and Elliot playing on bum hips for half a season until inevitable surgery and so on. Flyers medical staff is worse than freaking inquisition. I'm not even clear on what happened to Patrick but it may have been some misdiagnosed issue that was compounded until it turned out to be migraines or what not.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
What else would you expect? They kept shaving Masons bone cartilage or whatever until his coach quit. Simmer said at one point during 18-19 season he played through 4 different injuries at the same time. Couts playing on one knee, G got concussed that one time by Subban and played through a stretch of a games where he looked utterly hazy at best yet they didn't rest him. Ghost and Elliot playing on bum hips for half a season until inevitable surgery and so on. Flyers medical staff is worse than freaking inquisition.

I guess it's my own version of Stockholm syndrome there, eh. But.. yeah. Yeah.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad