Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: "The March is On" edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Peak HockeyGuy speak

Screenshot_20210407-154852_Twitter.jpg

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Given that Buffalo is a wasteland as a whole team in regards to finishing I’ll happily take on the bet of Taylor Hall for the price of a rumored third rounder if I am contending team.

His underlying numbers are still very good on a dogshit team. I don’t care if he’s played for horrible teams/organizations essentially his whole career to this point. Correlation doesn’t equal cause.

Nobody loves to brandish guys losers based of things that go so far out of their control than hockey culture. Ovechkin, Kessel, etc. were all losers until they weren’t.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Given that Buffalo is a wasteland as a whole team in regards to finishing I’ll happily take on the bet of Taylor Hall for the price of a rumored third rounder if I am contending team.

His underlying numbers are still very good on a dogshit team. I don’t care if he’s played for horrible teams/organizations essentially his whole career to this point. Correlation doesn’t equal cause.

Nobody loves to brandish guys losers based of things that go so far out of their control than hockey culture. Ovechkin, Kessel, etc. were all losers until they weren’t.

Not to mention Hall was even considered a big winner having won back to back Memorial Cups going into his draft. The Oilers, Coyotes, Devils, and Sabres are all models of ineptitude of the past decade with or without Hall

For a third round pick I'd be half tempted to acquire his rights and see if something can work. Not that he'd have any interest in coming to another middling team, though.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Devils got a 1st round pick and still had to retain half salary on both guys.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Not to mention Hall was even considered a big winner having won back to back Memorial Cups going into his draft. The Oilers, Coyotes, Devils, and Sabres are all models of ineptitude of the past decade with or without Hall

For a third round pick I'd be half tempted to acquire his rights and see if something can work. Not that he'd have any interest in coming to another middling team, though.

The Flyers don’t really have the capspace going forward. But if they were contenders I would definitely be interested in Hall as a rental at that price even if he’s not necessarily a need.

Reactions: Redpath

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That deal should end the few people who thought Laughton could fetch 1st.
Quite frankly it's a situation where 2nds might be better off than getting a 1st and picking 32nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad