Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: "The March is On" edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Who knows, perhaps NJ flinched too early? They still ultimately netted a first rounder at least for two expiring UFAs. Neither guy really fit their time line going forward anyway.

I guess we’ll see going forward if this a reflection of the market or not with the pandemic salary/cap crunch.
The one thing Laughton has, is he is so cheap. If we retain 50%...him for 1.15 is dirt cheap.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
If Laughton isn't even fetching a 2nd then I'd rather hold on to him, see how things shake out with the expansion draft, and possibly retain him once our cap situation is clearer. Late round picks are negligible given our current state.

Reactions: renberg

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

press-x-to-doubt-la-noire.jpg

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If Laughton isn't even fetching a 2nd then I'd rather hold on to him, see how things shake out with the expansion draft, and possibly retain him once our cap situation is clearer. Late round picks are negligible given our current state.

If Laughton wants to be a Flyer so much he can sign as a UFA in the summer, after Seattle takes a player off the roster.

It would be weird if he wasn’t happy to go to a contender like Colorado for a playoff run now that the Flyers are out of it. Unless he has some specific Covid related reason for not wanting to leave the area.

Reactions: orangey

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
If Laughton wants to be a Flyer so much he can sign as a UFA in the summer, after Seattle takes a player off the roster.

It would be weird if he wasn’t happy to go to a contender like Colorado for a playoff run now that the Flyers are out of it. Unless he has some specific Covid related reason for not wanting to leave the area.

How often does that actually happen though? Once a guy is traded, moved out of the area, and on a new team for a few months, he'll likely have moved on from the original team. If Laughton is traded then he'll either re-sign with that team or cash out with whoever offers him the most, which I don't expect to be us.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Call me crazy but I don’t think any team in the Flyers division could hang with the Avs, Blues, or Wild, all 3 of the teams play fast and are just structured way better than any team in the Flyers division

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
How often does that actually happen though? Once a guy is traded, moved out of the area, and on a new team for a few months, he'll likely have moved on from the original team. If Laughton is traded then he'll either re-sign with that team or cash out with whoever offers him the most, which I don't expect to be us.

Vatanen signed back with NJ after they traded him at the deadline last season.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Call me crazy but I don’t think any team in the Flyers division could hang with the Avs, Blues, or Wild, all 3 of the teams play fast and are just structured way better than any team in the Flyers division

St. Louis has lost like 13 of 15

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Derek Grant

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It’s not that it’s never happened before, but it’s still relatively uncommon. I wouldn’t expect or count on it to happen. If we’re trading Laughton, assume he is gone.

I'm happy to help him pack his bags unless he wants to take a pay cut, which he shouldn't. We need his cap elsewhere. Gimme whatever picks we can get and thanks for the memories, Scotty.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Glen Wesley (CAR to TOR to CAR in 2003) and Mark Recchi (PIT to CAR to PIT in 2006) are two more examples I can think of. But it's true that it's not particularly common. Just not unheard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad