Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: "The March is On" edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
They've made some smart moves, but there probably isn't a team in the league that has had more luck in the first round of the draft than Colorado. Landeskog, McKinnon, Rantanen, and even when they lost the draft lottery they still got Makar.

Why did they switch to the blue pants/helmets? Looks terrible.
I thought I read it's just supposed to be for the 25th anniversary but I'm not totally sure. The black pants and helmets look much better.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Is this a personal spreadsheet or are these available somewhere?
Personal.

Here is a sample of Flyers forwards who played in the CHL between 2008-2020. ES only. Taking overall scoring into account requires some more work.

upload_2021-4-6_8-50-38.png

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They've made some smart moves, but there probably isn't a team in the league that has had more luck in the first round of the draft than Colorado. Landeskog, McKinnon, Rantanen, and even when they lost the draft lottery they still got Makar.

Why did they switch to the blue pants/helmets? Looks terrible.
It’s supposedly a one year thing for their 25th anniversary. They should be returning to old next year.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Obviously Hall did this year to himself with picking Buffalo albeit it was just a one year deal & this was always possible anyway depending on how Buffalo played.

But the guy has been boned with get saddled with some bad teams/organizations with Edmonton, New Jersey, & Arizona.

For once you have to be hoping to go somewhere where the team has a good ceiling to do something noteworthy.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Huh. Ratcliffe has numbers better than I would have guessed.
Not really. As you can see by the company he shares, it's a bunch of fringey 4th line types. He had a pretty decent draft year on a bad team that was led in scoring by a 16 year old defenseman, but he never broke the 30% ES involvement threshold in his career which you kind of need to at some point to be considered a top 9 talent. Low assist rates also.

Just quickly skimming through the spreadsheet the most comparable D+2 season by a guy that reached the NHL is a guy that played last night - Zach Senyshyn. Fringey NHLer who passed through waivers after going in the first round.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Patrick had some impressive junior numbers, even after he was injured.
But people want to give up on him at 22 b/c he's in a scoring slump for half a season after missing a year.
Think he's snakebit?

25 games since COVID break:
CF 55.15%, CFrel +2.72, xGF 51.89%, xGFrel +2.01, HDCA/60: 7.53
GF/GA 3/17

Reactions: renberg and kudymen

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
But people want to give up on him at 22 b/c he's in a scoring slump for half a season after missing a year.
Think he's snakebit?

GF/GA 3/17

There are things that concern me about Patty's game, mostly that he still has not learned how to find time and space to get his shot off at this level, but there isn't any way to make an accurate evaluation on him overall as a player this season. He definitely looks better out there than earlier in the season though. He needs to be creative in order to be effective offensively, and that's a confidence thing, and it's started to come for him.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Think he's snakebit?

GF/GA 3/17
Don't think anyone is giving up, it's just the sad reality is sinking in that we did not get a stud at 2 OVR. Still hope he can be a useful player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad