Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: "The March is On" edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Don’t give the league too much credit. They’re punishing him because he got caught. Not because this isn’t what officials do.

Dude was retiring anyway. He loses that but otherwise it’s a slap on the wrists for damaging the integrity of the game.

Agreed but at least they acted fast and did something. Hopefully it sparks more people looking into this/them setting up some kind of regulations.

Something like this like the NBA does would be a good start. Would be cool to have them for the entire game rather than last 2 mins of the 4th Q:

2020-21 NBA Officiating Last Two Minute Reports

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Agreed but at least they acted fast and did something. Hopefully it sparks more people looking into this/them setting up some kind of regulations.

Something like this like the NBA does would be a good start. Would be cool to have them for the entire game rather than last 2 mins of the 4th Q:

2020-21 NBA Officiating Last Two Minute Reports
Those things are horrible.

"So, um... we're going to admit we were wrong in pretty much every single game."

"So, you're going to change the outcome based off of your constant ineptitude?"

"No, we're just saying we were wrong but we're not actually going to do anything about it."

"K."

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Those things are horrible.

"So, um... we're going to admit we were wrong in pretty much every single game."

"So, you're going to change the outcome based off of your constant ineptitude?"

"No, we're just saying we were wrong but we're not actually going to do anything about it."

"K."
Personally I don't want them changing results after the fact but having transparent evaluations of referees doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad