Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: "The March is On" edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Good username. Second best Flyer ever. I lived in Paris, he's from Quebec, and even in my mind I always pronounce his last name with the correct French accent. In about six months I'm gonna post something about my third best Flyer ever. Gotta wait for secret reason.

M Parent made 8 year-old me fall in love with hockey, goaltending, and the Flyers. I don't know anymore if the last one is a positive.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
80E19C47-4A6D-4067-BA4F-84DC13C6B704.jpeg

NHL Network dubbing their shit over a simulcast is low budget. Their graphics suck & so do their announcers.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
With smurfs/softies like Makar and Girard on D? Impossible.

Their smurfs can skate circles around our smurfs.
Graves (6'5 220) provides the muscle.

Avs do show that being really bad can make you really good:
2011: #2 Landeskog, #11 Siemens whiff
2013: #1 McKinnon
2014: #23 Bleakley whiff
2015: #10 Rantanen
2016: #10 Jost
2017: #4 Maker
2018: #16 Kaut
2019: #4 Byram, #16 Newhook
Girard was picked up in the Duchene trade.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
The TDL is April 12. Canadian teams that want to make trades with US franchises need to start making moves soon since a player moving to Canada from the US needs to sit out a fourteen day quarantine before they can play. In light of that the moves might start to happen this week. I can see both Edmonton and Toronto doing things.

What are the rules for trades in the opposite direction (from Canada to a US team)?

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Calling a goal off because a player was three inches offside 15 seconds before the goal was scored is f***ing stupid and I hate it.

Would you feel that way if it were a game 7 winning goal?

I agree that the league needs to find a more elegant solution though - it's very disruptive.

But, if it was offside, it was offside. That means the linesman blew the call.

I 'member a blown offside call costing the Flyers a playoff series.

Reactions: Fire Tortorella

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Is he good? I know MTL fans think he’s incredible (which they think about most of their prospects).
Haven't watched Northeastern this year. He was one of the guys that got overplayed in the WJCs last year as York was the grocery stick on the bench (his coach was one of the assistants). Fairly skilled and mobile, but not sure I saw star potential. Maybe the projection has changed. PPG is a pretty good threshold to hit for a college defenseman.

Reactions: TB87

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Would you feel that way if it were a game 7 winning goal?

I agree that the league needs to find a more elegant solution though - it's very disruptive.

But, if it was offside, it was offside. That means the linesman blew the call.

I 'member a blown offside call costing the Flyers a playoff series.

Why are offside calls and goaltender interference so sacred, that they can be reviewed? Why not review every single goal to make sure there was no illegal play leading up to it? On Columbus' tying goal from the game I'm bitching about, Laine lost his stick, and another Columbus player shoved it across the ice a few feet so he could pick it up more easily. Laine got the puck a second later and made the pass to Jones, who scored. This is a violation of rule 10.3, that means the ref blew the call. Why can't we roll back the tape and check for that, too?

https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/assets/binary/319997074/binary-file/file.pdf

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad