Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: "The March is On" edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
At least Crosby has more points vs the Isles than us I guess

upload_2021-3-19_12-7-27.png

Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wisdom will be an interesting decision next year if he keeps playing this well.
Usually only 1st rd 19 year olds make a NHL roster, but he's making a heck of a case to make that jump.

Reactions: flyersnorth

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Wisdom will be an interesting decision next year if he keeps playing this well.
Usually only 1st rd 19 year olds make a NHL roster, but he's making a heck of a case to make that jump.

Or at the very least, he might be making a case that he's ready for AHL.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wisdom has more than 10 points in 12 games
CF 50.0%, CFrel +0.96, HDCF 54.86%, HDCFrel +4.21.

Them are good numbers for someone 21-22 years old coming out of college or 2nd season in the AHL.
Small sample, but doesn't look like a fluke.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The article mentions it at the end though. The NHL is in a tough spot either way. As they still need the CHL to be a good league to develop it’s talent. You start taking draft prospects out & that league is going to get watered down way more than it already is. Obviously there’s business ramifications for the CHL too.

The only way I could really see something happening is if the CHL downsizes it’s amount of teams to spread the talent more around & make up for the losses of talent leaving. Not really sure how realistic that is though.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
even if they allowed 1 "exempt" player per team....not all would use it because lots of top prospects are just not ready, play overseas or play in NCAA. So we might be talking 5-15 guys a year...and when you think the 3 CHL leagues...it could be approx 2-5 guys a league...not a crazy amount.

But certainly covid has thrown another factor into what should be done.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The NCAA obviously has amateur rules that can curb the amount of the talent they bring in but they also don’t have an import or age cap like the CHL does. So you’re at least still presenting a challenge of older physically/mentally mature players in these leagues even if they’re just minor league caliber talent at best when your top NHL prospects leave early.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I knew Jason Robertson was kicking ass with 16 points in 21 games, with a +8 relxGF%. But Jaret Anderson-Dolan leads the Kings with a +10 relxGF% through his 7 games, along with his 7 points. Playing with Trevor Moore and Carl Grundstrom.

Definitely didn't like them at all. No sir.

RMO2iFW.jpg

He’s so good. Been a monster at every step of the way. The Texas staff loved him too.

Last edited:
Reactions: BernieParent

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I knew Jason Robertson was kicking ass with 16 points in 21 games, with a +8 relxGF%. But Jaret Anderson-Dolan leads the Kings with a +10 relxGF% through his 7 games, along with his 7 points. Playing with Trevor Moore and Carl Grundstrom.

Definitely didn't like them at all. No sir.

RMO2iFW.jpg

What trash did we pick over them?

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
source.gif

Ranked him 15th! But you know this. :(

Appropriate to Robertson, I just came across this too (last sentence, 1st paragraph).

TajM7PV.png

Ratcliffe and Strome.

giphy.gif

Plus Plus Size and inflated goal totals over skill and skating all day baby.

Gimme dem big thicc boiz.

Reactions: BernieParent

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Plus Plus Size and inflated goal totals over skill and skating all day baby.

Gimme dem big thicc boiz.

Jason Robertson is a big thicc boi with a skating weakness. :laugh:

He's just one who scored 42 goals in his draft year (16 more than his next teammate), while also leading his team in assists. 30 more points than anyone on his team. Monster ES numbers. Teams make it so hard on themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad