Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: "The March is On" edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Cancel culture, but this time it is a good thing. We all know it has happened for decades, but he is on tape.

its like the Seattle Mariners exec who got recorded talking about how they were keeping prospects in the minors to delay the clock on their service time to keep them from hitting free agency a year early.

every team does that... But this guy got caught on tape admitting it and got canned

What Peel said and did is FAR from isolated

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Peel basically publicly admitted that for him rules are just suggestions. You can't have an official like that in the NHL. Not if you don't want everyone to consider your product bush league.

I agree that he probably wasn't the only one. But at least now it's out there and everyone's talking about it. And if Tim Peel is the sacrificial lamb, then they got the exact right guy, imo. Even though he would've retired after the season anyway.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I hope GM’s and coaches keep beating this ref thing into oblivion, the officiating has been horrible for year throughout the league and these assholes have taken the outcome of games into their hands, if it was me I’d actually ask if they were betting on games and look into that f*** ‘em all the way

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
This just in: NHL's worst ref proves he's the NHL's worst ref. Look at how shocked everyone is!

What's next? Angel Hernandez saying he's called too many strikes today so he'd figure he'd squeeze a walk in? That'd shock...*checks notes*....no one.

Peel sucks. This is more hilarious than anything. It's almost like everyone knows a bad ref when they see one, from bantam to the NHL

Reactions: Rebels57

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I hope GM’s and coaches keep beating this ref thing into oblivion, the officiating has been horrible for year throughout the league and these assholes have taken the outcome of games into their hands, if it was me I’d actually ask if they were betting on games and look into that f*** ‘em all the way
The league tells them to ref this way though. He just got caught on a hot mic and got sent to the slaughter because he was retiring and it was easy for the league to do. Peel is in the old boys club. He's just going to go into the sunset and keep his pension by doing the league a solid.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Peel basically publicly admitted that for him rules are just suggestions. You can't have an official like that in the NHL. Not if you don't want everyone to consider your product bush league.

I agree that he probably wasn't the only one. But at least now it's out there and everyone's talking about it. And if Tim Peel is the sacrificial lamb, then they got the exact right guy, imo. Even though he would've retired after the season anyway.

For years we've heard that Peel's units and games are weird because that's where new officials go to be trained.

The guy has been training officials to do this. Sure explains just about everything about officiating.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Ahh cancel culture.... aka accountability. Especially here but really Peel still wins when it’s all said and done. So really nothing changed.

I mean, there's always going to be people on the extremes that use terms like that as insults and way too loosely. At least in the way reasonable people use it, the criticisms of cancel culture largely stem from people having histories put on blast online and being given zero understanding, leniency, or forgiveness to past acts. Basically, cancel culture tends to selectively ignore that people are humans and humans make mistakes and *sometimes* change.

Cancel culture doesn't really apply to Peel here though. It's a giant joke with Peel, it's just the NHL trying to save face publicly despite every hardcore fan and person in the know knowing game management is how refs function for many years. He got in trouble for saying the thing out loud people already know, the NHL doesn't want to do anything about, and on a mic that shouldn't have been live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad