Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: "The March is On" edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Please never change, Bern.

iu

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
I'm stunned they fired him. SOP for the league is to wait a few days to issue a statement, say they're investigating, then slow-drag it until everybody forgets. I would have bet the house they wouldn't fire him in under 24 hours.

Speculation from someone who hasn't yet read up: unprecedented swiftness related to TV contract negotiations?

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
I'm stunned they fired him. SOP for the league is to wait a few days to issue a statement, say they're investigating, then slow-drag it until everybody forgets. I would have bet the house they wouldn't fire him in under 24 hours.

Speculation from someone who hasn't yet read up: unprecedented swiftness related to TV contract negotiations?
Wonder if sports betting being legal has anything to do with it

Reactions: David St Hubbins

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
If this was discussed and I missed it, my apologies but from Lavoie RE: Eichel

But what I've been told is this: If they trade him, what they really want is four pieces that are first-round picks, or players that are playing if not in the NHL or elsewhere in the NCAA that are first-round picks that are having success. ... They want young players, maybe some playing in the NHL right now, that were first-round picks but if they're not in the NHL they need to be

What a weird approach to the problem. I cannot wait to see how badly they screw this up. I know it's not ideal to pay 3 Centers a ton from a Flyers POV, but you're never going to get an org more ripe for a consolidation trade that changes the course of your franchise.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

What a weird approach to the problem. I cannot wait to see how badly they screw this up. I know it's not ideal to pay 3 Centers a ton from a Flyers POV, but you're never going to get an org more ripe for a consolidation trade that changes the course of your franchise.

So let's see...TK, Patrick, JOB, & ???

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Add Eichel, dump Hayes to someone else. ezpz

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008

Konency and Provorov/Sanheim

swami24

Jul 24, 2020

Cancel culture, but this time it is a good thing. We all know it has happened for decades, but he is on tape.

Reactions: Flybynite
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad