Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVIII: The Liaison of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm not an expert on Pit's roster, but they have 24 guys currently listed there on CF and are almost $1.5m over the cap, and the only two players who are waiver exempt are Drew O'Connor and Ty Smith.

O' Connor scored 5P in 22 NHL games and 32P in 33 AHL games last season

Smith scored 20 points in 66 NHL games last season

So I'm not sure if Ratcliffe fits in their plans. We'll know for certain tomorrow.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I'm not an expert on Pit's roster, but they have 24 guys currently listed there on CF and are almost $1.5m over the cap, and the only two players who are waiver exempt are Drew O'Connor and Ty Smith.

O' Connor scored 5P in 22 NHL games and 32P in 33 AHL games last season

Smith scored 20 points in 66 NHL games last season

So I'm not sure if Ratcliffe fits in their plans. We'll know for certain tomorrow.
Why would he fit in their plans? What does he add that they do not already have?

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
FB_IMG_1664574934463.jpg

@Beef Invictus

20220930_175606.jpg

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
3 PP points for Giroux? Is it possible he doesn’t suddenly suck on the PP?!

Flyers goals this preseason: 4
Giroux points tonight: 3

giphy.gif
Makes me think of a certain discussion between that little bitch O'Connor and Brian where Charlie was defending the horrible Therien PP setups by claiming Giroux had declined so putting him back on the left wall wouldn't really matter anyways.

f***ing moron.

And yes, I know Giroux was on the right wall of the Ottawa PP. There's a difference between him playing on the right wall on a PP with other competent players vs playing the right wall so dogshit like Hayes could take his spot on the left.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Burns with 2 goals in his preseason debut for Carolina. That’s definitely one of the more interesting players this season given how perfectly he seems to fit. 33% retention, only really traded for a goalie prospect and conditional 3rd. I don’t know if 3 years is a positive, but it’s not assuredly a negative? He’s an actual unicorn.

They do have a high 2023 3rd and 2024 2nd rounder to play around with in either scenario……

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
People are excited b/c G puts up 3 points against scrubs? Isn't that grasping at straws?
He'll had a solid year for them, but he's not going to carry them, they'll go as far as their young players take them.

Burns made more sense for Carolina than TDA, they don't want upside, they want a predictable veteran, and he's a lot more physical and has a lot of PO experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad