Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVIII: The Liaison of Doom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
This McDavid guy might have a future in the NHL.

You heard it here first.

We know McDavid can score in the regular season. But he's talked about culture, he's talked about standards, he's talked about winning. You're not just going to fill the net during the playoffs and outscore teams. You have to play on the other side of the puck. He’s going to have to play a little bit of a different way, not just try to outscore teams.

Just my two cents.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Huh. Crazy stat for Thatcher Demko. Tonight is his 137th NHL game, which becomes the most all time for a Canucks goalie who was drafted by the organization.

Trivia time: can anyone name who is second on the list? :naughty:
The only other Canuck drafted Goalie I can think of that played any amount of games was Alex Auld?! He can't have played over 100 games for the Canucks though.

Brodeur, McLean, and Luongo were all drafted elsewhere. Maybe......Schneider? I'm drawing a blank here.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
They need more than that. That blueline is garbage.
Ya they definitely need 2 top 4 lol. But I like their forward group a lot. They can easily trade garland and another forward for d and still be deep at fwd.

The only other Canuck drafted Goalie I can think of that played any amount of games was Alex Auld?! He can't have played over 100 games for the Canucks though.

Brodeur, McLean, and Luongo were all drafted elsewhere. Maybe......Schneider? I'm drawing a blank here.
Schneider left pretty ealry I remember. Didn’t he get traded for a pick that turned out to be horvat?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

Does "bucket helmet" help narrow it down for you? :laugh:

It's not any that you named, but Schneider was 4th, I think... only with 90-something games.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Wonder if there's any interest in Sonny Milano? While his career has been up-and-down to this point, he did play some of his best hockey with John Tortorella with Columbus.

I'd imagine not being re-signed by the Ducks and failing to land a contract with Calgary also provides some motivation.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
We know McDavid can score in the regular season. But he's talked about culture, he's talked about standards, he's talked about winning. You're not just going to fill the net during the playoffs and outscore teams. You have to play on the other side of the puck. He’s going to have to play a little bit of a different way, not just try to outscore teams.

Just my two cents.
OEKs8lu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad