Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVIII: The Liaison of Doom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Asplund is a man of culture.
Fe9r2nGWAAI66b2
Lyubushkin :laugh:

He only has 3 goals in 211 career games, but I hope he scores 10, all on home ice, this year.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
#weakclass

Marchment with 2 goals as well. That was one of the more intriguing UFA gambles. No really projectable track record across any level, former ECHL player, 47 points in 54 games at age 26 along with elite play-driving. Maybe Hodgson can be our Marchment. Fingers crossed.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We certainly couldn't use this type of player. Two perfect passes to set up goals. Nothing complicated, just quick and decisive puck moving.

Also appears to be moving pretty damn well for someone who you'd think was a paraplegic if you listened to dishonest Flyers fans who are desperate to pretend the trade was anything but a horrific disaster.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
We certainly couldn't use this type of player. Two perfect passes to set up goals. Nothing complicated, just quick and decisive puck moving.

Also appears to be moving pretty damn well for someone who you'd think was a paraplegic if you listened to dishonest Flyers fans who are desperate to pretend the trade was anything but a horrific disaster.

His off puck movement, his body fakes, his edges…..I’m sorry, but Tony DeAngelo cannot replicate what he does at his best (Keith Yandle was close!). DeAngelo is one of the more purely skilled defenders, and I’m not talking production, but a healthy Gostisbehere is just different with how he moves and thinks. There’s an unpredictability factor. There’s a reason a guy like Makar name dropped him stylistically.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
His off puck movement, his body fakes, his edges…..I’m sorry, but Tony DeAngelo cannot replicate what he does at his best (Keith Yandle was close!). DeAngelo is one of the more purely skilled defenders, and I’m not talking production, but a healthy Gostisbehere is just different with how he moves and thinks. There’s an unpredictability factor. There’s a reason a guy like Makar name dropped him stylistically.
You mean the Ghost who had 2 assists on the PP (with the other D-man), but posted a 19.55% xGF (-5.78 xGFrel)?

He'll get his points, so will the other team. :popcorn:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It may interest you to know that, in addition to it being a tiny cherrypicked sample and completely worthless, it's also thanks to playing with one awful defensemen, Josh Brown, for more than half the game because outside of that time Ghost had a 50.79 xGF% (+20.47 rel) on a team with an overall xGF% of 24.49%

5bed05ae1d1a798882f30f3a78c6a1be.png

Unsurprisingly Josh Brown is a big, unskilled defensemen who has consistently been a terrible possession player his entire career.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It may interest you to know that, in addition to it being a tiny cherrypicked sample and completely worthless, it's also thanks to playing with one awful defensemen, Josh Brown, for more than half the game because outside of that time Ghost had a 50.79 xGF% (+20.47 rel) on a team with an overall xGF% of 24.49%

5bed05ae1d1a798882f30f3a78c6a1be.png

Unsurprisingly Josh Brown is a big, unskilled defensemen who has consistently been a terrible possession player his entire career.

Isn't fuller context more interesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad