Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXVIII: The Liaison of Doom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Wow. That’s a lot of money for Samuelson given the track record.

If Vilardi and Byfield stay healthy and play with this confidence, they'll have a good year.

They'll be able to take advantage of 3/4 lines, especially at home. The Kings will always throw Kopitar/Danault against the top 2 lines.
Kings probably don’t have enough star power to make noise but they have a deep system. Jordan Spence was PPG in the AHL, played in the playoffs and still got sent down. Brandt Clarke is in the press box too.

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Wow. That’s a lot of money for Samuelson given the track record.

Kings probably don’t have enough star power to make noise but they have a deep system. Jordan Spence was PPG in the AHL, played in the playoffs and still got sent down. Brandt Clarke is in the press box too.

Jordan Spence got off to a fabulous start when he was mock drafted by me

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

tumblr_oi83ucuoTJ1tq4of6o1_500.gif

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
No idea why they rushed to give that deal out. Aside from the inherent risk, he has no track record really of putting up points and that is what drives up AAV.

Like I could see Samuelsson carrying those 5v5/PK impacts into a larger sample but yeah this is probably a guy that never really sniffs consistent PP time let alone top usage. You could have probably just bridged him along & still got your savings. I just don’t really see the upside to it even if I’m not terribly worried about the risk.

At least Buffalo has been better managed in the last year or so. So this type of “bad” move is a far cry from their bad moves over the last decade.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Like I could see Samuelsson carrying those 5v5/PK impacts into a larger sample but yeah this is probably a guy that never really sniffs consistent PP time let alone top usage. You could have probably just bridged him along & still got your savings. I just don’t really see the upside to it even if I’m not terribly worried about the risk.

At least Buffalo has been better managed in the last year or so. So this type of “bad” move is a far cry from their bad moves over the last decade.
I think teams are just baking in the increased salary cap when negotiating contracts at this point. Yes it's a real possibility, but a bargain today is an even bigger bargain when the cap goes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad