Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXIX: More impactful than an REM pop song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
It’s always great when the leafs lose and are on a bad streak. Their fans go crazy lol

View attachment 601022
New Jersey is starting to match their crazy metrics. Goaltending is still shaky but they’re just outpossessing & outchancing their opponents so much to mitigate it. They beat Columbus 7-1 in this game today.
Jesus and they still don’t have hughes, nemec, holtz (to his potential), and a few others. We’re f***ed lol

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
View attachment 601022
New Jersey is starting to match their crazy metrics. Goaltending is still shaky but they’re just outpossessing & outchancing their opponents so much to mitigate it. They beat Columbus 7-1 in this game today.
Of course, CBJ is a pretty bad team.

Can't figure out if they want to rebuild or compete, signs JG (29), Gudbranson (31), Kuraly (30) to go with Voracek (33), Nyquist (33), but gave away Bjorkstrand (25). Resign Laine (Defense, I don't need no stinkin' defense), but has a group of young players Johnson (20), Chinakhov (21), Sillinger (19), Jiricek (19).

Bad defense, bad goalies and a core that will age out just when the young players start hitting their prime years.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Toronto are under massive pressure so Wednesday's game is huge for them
Watching multiple sports shows and it is all Leafs talk. Everything from possibly missing playoffs, missing Babcock, is Trotz the answer, fire Dubas, no culture like the Bruins, finally time to trade one of the 3 F, Marner benching after 2 giveaways that led to goals...but for 1 shift, etc...

It's funny to watch

And I would still trade the Flyers for their organization.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Watching multiple sports shows and it is all Leafs talk. Everything from possibly missing playoffs, missing Babcock, is Trotz the answer, fire Dubas, no culture like the Bruins, finally time to trade one of the 3 F, Marner benching after 2 giveaways that led to goals...but for 1 shift, etc...

It's funny to watch

And I would still trade the Flyers for their organization.
I'd trade every skater in this organization for Mathews. Build around Mathews and Hart.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Bergeron with 9 points after 9 games. Hard to believe he almost retired after last season. He'll probably retire while still being elite. Can't think of another player who accomplished that in the last 20 years. True legend.

Reactions: Devonator

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Bergeron with 9 points after 9 games. Hard to believe he almost retired after last season. He'll probably retire while still being elite. Can't think of another player who accomplished that in the last 20 years. True legend.
St. Louis?

Reactions: TCTC

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Of course, CBJ is a pretty bad team.

Can't figure out if they want to rebuild or compete, signs JG (29), Gudbranson (31), Kuraly (30) to go with Voracek (33), Nyquist (33), but gave away Bjorkstrand (25). Resign Laine (Defense, I don't need no stinkin' defense), but has a group of young players Johnson (20), Chinakhov (21), Sillinger (19), Jiricek (19).

Bad defense, bad goalies and a core that will age out just when the young players start hitting their prime years.

You mean Patented Development Master Tortorella didn't leave them ready to go to the moon?

Seems ominous.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Buffalo is a very fun team. Tage Thompson is having himself a fantastic start 3G 3A tonight

Would be playing behind Noah Cates, at wing, on a grind line. If he wasn’t waived.

35 points in his first 145 games as a late 1st rounder. Broke out at age 24, with his 4th head coach across 2 organizations. It’s almost like some hockey people don’t know how to use and develop a player properly, and it’s not always as simple as blaming the player and pulling the authority card? I say all this for no reason.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Would be playing behind Noah Cates, at wing, on a grind line. If he wasn’t waived.

35 points in his first 145 games as a late 1st rounder. Broke out at age 24, with his 4th head coach across 2 organizations. It’s almost like some hockey people don’t know how to use and develop a player properly, and it’s not always as simple as blaming the player and pulling the authority card? I say all this for no reason.
Or maybe some players need a couple seasons before the light goes on?
It wasn't like Thompson didn't have his opportunities - started half a season in St Louis at age 20,
at 21, 65g, 11:14 at ES, 6-5 11
2019-20, lost season 16 AHL games, 1 NHL game
at 23, 38g, 12:35 at ES, 6-5 11
at 24. 78g, 14:23 at ES, 26-24 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad