Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXIX: More impactful than an REM pop song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Or maybe some players need a couple seasons before the light goes on?
It wasn't like Thompson didn't have his opportunities - started half a season in St Louis at age 20,
at 21, 65g, 11:14 at ES, 6-5 11
2019-20, lost season 16 AHL games, 1 NHL game
at 23, 38g, 12:35 at ES, 6-5 11
at 24. 78g, 14:23 at ES, 26-24 50

The light's only going to go on if management and coaches stop smashing it

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Late 30-something YA Tittle
IUKWKXU4LOIDAX3LKSGDM2C7KA-1.jpg

And early 30-something Duke Harris never cease to amaze me.
EMwnRdtXUAAE-ZX.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That's definitely a way to take a muddy stat and make it almost as useless as possible. Peak uselessness would be doing that for players across teams.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
he is such a complete peice of shit...
Trotz did it to some sweede back in Nashville who had his family fly in from Europe and then the kid was sent to Ahl and couldn't even be with them cause they immediately went on a roadtrip or something.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Watching multiple sports shows and it is all Leafs talk. Everything from possibly missing playoffs, missing Babcock, is Trotz the answer, fire Dubas, no culture like the Bruins, finally time to trade one of the 3 F, Marner benching after 2 giveaways that led to goals...but for 1 shift, etc...

It's funny to watch

And I would still trade the Flyers for their organization.

I don't know, 17 years without winning a playoff round and 9 of those years being playoff misses.

With a vastly superior roster to what we have, with elite level talent.

I know they will break out eventually and figure it out, but that kind of futility would be hard to take - even moreso than the garbage hockey we've been watching for a decade because the Leafs *should* 100% achieve so much more than they have.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't know, 17 years without winning a playoff round and 9 of those years being playoff misses.

With a vastly superior roster to what we have, with elite level talent.

I know they will break out eventually and figure it out, but that kind of futility would be hard to take - even moreso than the garbage hockey we've been watching for a decade because the Leafs *should* 100% achieve so much more than they have.

It's pretty clear which organization is in a better spot right now, and really they have been for like 3-4 years despite not winning a round...yet.

Like someone else said, I would trade every forward and defensemen on this team right now for Matthews alone. It would be easier and quicker to build around him from scratch than it would be to salvage this sinking ship.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I hope in another 20 years athletes and us regular folk will be able to get some type of nanobot injection to prevent injures like this without improving performance.

• Wow
Reactions: Rebels57

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Toronto is 27th in all situation GF/60 so far this season. Over the last 3 years, they're 3rd. Auston Matthews, the reigning Hart winner and 5v5 monster, has 1 5v5 point on the season.

It's pretty much Bizarro Flyers, in stats and media. 10 game samples make mofos crazy. :laugh:

Their metrics have been middling for the most part so far give or take. So it’s not like they’re blowing off doors shots/chances wise & just not getting the results. But it is a small sample size & I do feel confident their talent there will show out in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad