Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXIX: More impactful than an REM pop song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Would you go D to D with me?

IdioticHarmlessAmazondolphin-size_restricted.gif

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

Second, a dirty secret is most teams despise these streaks, because they make it difficult to pull a player from the lineup. One of the reasons Kessel was not traded from Arizona last season is contenders didn’t want the streak hanging over their roster decisions. Keith Yandle, who held the record before Kessel, had real challenges with Florida and Philadelphia.

There was a dressing-room revolution when the Panthers tried to end it, and the Flyers' compromise was to let Yandle play long enough that Kessel couldn’t pass him last season. But they drew a hard line when they felt other players didn’t deserve to be scratched. The longer these go, the more impossible it gets to end them without very hard feelings.

If this is true, it just screams loudly how much accountability we have in our organization. Yandle's scratch point was where Kessel couldn't catch him in last season.

Thank goodness we drew that hard line!

200.gif

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Having been around for the Keith Allen years I just can't imagine a HC going to him and dictating roster composition. If they did Allen would have sent them packing. Fletcher needs to grow a set and emulate Allen.
I realize that it's the 2020's and times have changed but ultimately someone has to be in charge and make the big decisions. I don't think that Jamie Dimond goes with group think against his wishes at JPM. Collegiality only goes so far.
We pretty much know Fletcher was hired because he is pliable.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

"The 30th-best team in the league will sign a second line centre in free agency, life will go on."

its-always.gif

Arizona is obviously a dumpster fire off the ice that goes beyond hockey ops & has for quite some time now. Chicago up until this last year plus has essentially been spinning it’s tires going no where because they had aging/declining franchise players in Toews & Kane on expensive contracts.

This is just the reality of a hard salary cap system. It’s hard to sustain success for long periods of time. Guys get older & more expensive while their play gets worse. You want a star player in his prime years where RFA status keeps his price tag lower than it should be you have to essentially draft that said player & you best bet to do so is at the top of the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad