Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXXXIX: More impactful than an REM pop song

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I believe that it was AV that wanted Ghost gone. He had challenged the coach and AV couldn't tolerate that. The issue here was that Fletcher didn't stand up to Vigneault and refuse to move Ghost. The League is a small fraternity. There are few secrets between teams. A GM can not allow himself to be pushed around by the HC. Right there was the red light that Fletcher was the wrong guy for the job. It's been downhill for the organization ever since. Every organization knows that Fletcher is a chump. He has to go.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Colorado is off to a weird start, 11 ES goals 10 PP goals, 3 SH goals.

Of course, when you're playing Rodriques and Compher on your 2nd line . . . with Landeskog out for 3 months, they're really thin up front.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I believe that it was AV that wanted Ghost gone. He had challenged the coach and AV couldn't tolerate that. The issue here was that Fletcher didn't stand up to Vigneault and refuse to move Ghost. The League is a small fraternity. There are few secrets between teams. A GM can not allow himself to be pushed around by the HC. Right there was the red light that Fletcher was the wrong guy for the job. It's been downhill for the organization ever since. Every organization knows that Fletcher is a chump. He has to go.
The power of a GM depends on the FO, if the FO sides with the GM, the HC is soon history, if the FO supports the HC, the GM is usually history.

It'll be interesting to find out what happened behind the scenes going into the summer of 2021, did AV sell the FO on "I need my players" and Fletcher was given marching orders to clear out Ghost and Voracek and bring in the "right players."

If this was Fletcher's idea, I doubt he'd still have a job, if it was forced on him, then he may have survived b/c some advisors were quietly pushed to the curb (Barber seemed to have ascended, the others?).

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

To be more accurate, it has been downhill since that loser signed Hayes. And no, I'm not joking.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Pass. I'd rather save the roster spot for Foerster this spring.

"The big issue with Bellows has always been his play away from the puck and in the defensive zone."

Yeah, that'll fly with Torts.

Reactions: renberg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The power of a GM depends on the FO, if the FO sides with the GM, the HC is soon history, if the FO supports the HC, the GM is usually history.

It'll be interesting to find out what happened behind the scenes going into the summer of 2021, did AV sell the FO on "I need my players" and Fletcher was given marching orders to clear out Ghost and Voracek and bring in the "right players."

If this was Fletcher's idea, I doubt he'd still have a job, if it was forced on him, then he may have survived b/c some advisors were quietly pushed to the curb (Barber seemed to have ascended, the others?).

Fletcher is the entire FO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad