NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
If the Samuelis are deadset on never going back to eggplant and jade, I would've preferred the Ducks just use these as a base, honestly.

ANAHEIMDUCKSREVERSERETROJERSEYFRONT_774ebefe-189a-4844-ae4c-c13c6cbb179f_1200x1200.png

sauce88

Jul 6, 2011
Between getting a goalie and Hamilton being healthy next year it's very unlikely the Flyers finish higher than them in the standings this coming season.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Does Bahl have some potential I’m missing here or is this just a Goalies don’t return that much thing? I agree with the latter, but this still feels like a Fletcher trade to me.
No I think he’s maybe slightly more than JAG. Markstrom has less term than I thought. Still with a NMC and him seemingly only willing to go to Jersey, surprised he returned a first.

And Calgary doesn’t even have to pay the signing bonus.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Does Bahl have some potential I’m missing here or is this just a Goalies don’t return that much thing? I agree with the latter, but this still feels like a Fletcher trade to me.
Bahl is a top two pairing guy but a lefty. The '25 first round pick could be close to being a second rounder. Markstrom at 35 years of age is no Vezina candidate and carries a good sized cap hit.
Calgary did ok here but not great. NJ to be determined. Their D isn't the greatest right now. Their defense and goal tending situation isn't any better than what the Flyers have.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Between getting a goalie and Hamilton being healthy next year it's very unlikely the Flyers finish higher than them in the standings this coming season.
Flyers were never finishing higher this year unless Torts is gone and MM is out of this world.

Markstrom at 4 mill for a bottom 1st round pick is a wicked deal

Reactions: sauce88 and Tripod

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Celebrini, Smith, Goodrow, Dellandrea down the middle isn't really that bad.

Eklund, Bordeleau, and Musty down the left.

Granlund, Zetterlund and Graf down the right.

While definitely far from good, they'll at least be a way more interesting team up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad