NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Any cap-related reasons why there's multiple trades today of all days? Or just a case of when it rains, it pours?

Well draft is only a little over a week away

Its June 19th and teams have likely been waiting to make moves but Oilers winning games 4 and 5 have extended wait to offseason and overall the time frame from end of season to FA is getting smaller and smaller

Reactions: renberg and Coffe

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Any cap-related reasons why there's multiple trades today of all days? Or just a case of when it rains, it pours?
I think once the first trade got out, everyone just decided to forget about the league not wanting stuff announced during the finals. Maybe you shouldn’t give your entire league like 20 minutes to do their entire offseason.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Well draft is only a little over a week away

Its June 19th and teams have likely been waiting to make moves but Oilers winning games 4 and 5 have extended wait to offseason and overall the time frame from end of season to FA is getting smaller and smaller

I think once the first trade got out, everyone just decided to forget about the league not wanting stuff announced during the finals. Maybe you shouldn’t give your entire league like 20 minutes to do their entire offseason.

Fair point(s). At first I was wondering if there was any bonus payment deadline teams where trying to get away from. But that doesn't make sense as the season isn't even over yet.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Friedman and Marek on 32T alluding that Goodrow being claimed by San Jose may have been arranged because the Sharks may have been on his no-trade list, and he would’ve went elsewhere, maybe back to Tampa, had he been bought out, which didn’t help the Rangers.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wtf lol

And here I thought PLD had negative value. The dude seems like he’s the league blunt. Just gets passed around every year
There was a rumor he was getting moved for Ullmark at the deadline.

Which I don’t know how real that was, if you weren’t willing to figure that out now.

Well that's an interesting bit.

I wonder if Saros is Detroit.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I like purple and gold for an alternate, but its just too much for full time.

Wrong! The yellow mains are a bit much for full time. But not the purples.

At least give me black and purple again. Anything but ****ing black, white and gray (sorry, "silver").

Right!

The Kings current color template should be thrown into the endless burning fires of the Darvaza gas crater in Turkmenistan. If you think that looks good -- or better than this! -- donate your eyes to someone who could put better use to them.

https%3A%2F%2Frinkroyalty.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2017%2F07%2F15522566-1.jpeg

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Wrong! The yellow mains are a bit much for full time. But not the purples.

Right!

The Kings current color template should be thrown into the endless burning fires of the Darvaza gas crater in Turkmenistan. If you think that looks good -- or better than this! -- donate your eyes to someone who could put better use to them.

https%3A%2F%2Frinkroyalty.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2017%2F07%2F15522566-1.jpeg

I dunno man. I like watching them every so often as a non-Kings fan, but I think I would get sick of them 41 times a year.

• Wow
Reactions: Magua
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad