NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Whatever else you can say about Snider, he could get shit done. That's just embarrassing.
It’s quite frankly not a very high bar Meruelo is having to clear. The league and the state probably could have made sure this was going to proceed correctly if either one wanted this to succeed. But they don’t.

Meruelo, when he finally spoke, said he needed local government support, but there’s no evidence that it’s there. This is even before how he’s going to want tax breaks to build the infrastructure.

How did this get to the point where the zoning documents didn’t make clear that this was a major pro sports team and not youth hockey? We saw the renderings. There has to be blueprints. Someone must have done a land survey.

The news that’s underneath this is that it became apparent that Meruelo was going to be the only bidder, or only one who made himself known (anyone can show up unannounced). With other bidders, the state could’ve just picked someone else’s bid, but not if he’s the only bidder. Just would’ve loved to have seen what would’ve happened if they let Meruelo show up to the auction by himself and then have improperly zoned land he couldn’t build on.

League has to love that this is happening today as well.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Draisaitl is off the mat now. It can’t be as simple as Florida being worn out.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Are the Panthers really choking this? What a horrible bottlejob that would be for a franchise that has never won it before.

How saw this coming @GKJ Why you not gloating?

Reactions: renberg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Are the Panthers really choking this? What a horrible bottlejob that would be for a franchise that has never won it before.

How saw this coming @GKJ Why you not gloating?
Well, I don’t think I said I thought they’d make it back. The Oilers have definitely been the better team for a large balance of the series. The Panthers killed them on their big mistakes.

The Oilers in each of their series, got better as it got to the end. Including Skinner.

The Panthers are not starting on time, and I get their demeanor that they want to stay cool, but they need to show urgency.

I wonder if Bobrovsky is worn down. His tendency to fatigue has been well-documented.

Reactions: Curufinwe and TCTC

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Well, I don’t think I said I thought they’d make it back. The Oilers have definitely been the better team for a large balance of the series. The Panthers killed them on their big mistakes.

The Oilers in each of their series, got better as it got to the end. Including Skinner.

The Panthers are not starting on time, and I get their demeanor that they want to stay cool, but they need to show urgency.

I wonder if Bobrovsky is worn down. His tendency to fatigue has been well-documented.
Have to admit, I thought the Oilers were dead in the water. The Panthers lack of urgency is really noticeable. They should've put the series to bed in Game 4 or 5. Now the Oilers are smelling blood and if they win tonight they'll also win Game 7, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad