NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Broberg makes a behind the back pass without looking, which is a turnover, and McDavid has to take a penalty to make sure it’s not a goal.

Angry Hockey Dad

Michkov save us
May 30, 2013
Canada
Janmark is so dumb haha

He looks like a catfish

1719020748863.jpeg

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Skinner is so dialed in.

Florida isn’t getting a lot of chances but he’s been so good the last few games.

He’s going to beat Sergei, and I’ll weep a little. Bastard

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Has the Stanley Cup drought made the Canadian fanbases so petty that they're cheering against the Oilers?
Hardcore Canadian hockey fans typically would rather see an American team win over a team that isn't their own.

Casuals are more slanted towards cheering for any Canadian team to win, even if their team is out.

***this is entirely anecdotal. :laugh:

Last edited:

Angry Hockey Dad

Michkov save us
May 30, 2013
Canada
Probably. But nobody knows what that means. Seriously though, they need to fix this as @Angry Hockey Dad said. I get it, but it's a bullshit thing to overturn a goal because of that. There needs to be some language about it leading to a clear advantage or something. And a time limit. If a team scores 20 seconds after a slightly offsides entry, that should be a goal.

Exactly what I was mansplaining to my girlfriend. Being a couple thousandths of an inch offside 20 seconds before a goal doesn’t give them an advantage. That Colorado goal where Duchene was 20 feet offside should be the plays we review.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Panthers showing no resilience here. Really poor. How can they even come back from this if they lose this series? I know the Bruins did it after 2010, but that was the 2nd round.

Hardcore Canadian hockey fans typically would rather see an American team win over a team that isn't their own.

Casuals are more slanted towards cheering for any Canadian team to win, even if their team is out.

***this is entirelyn anecdotal. :laugh:
I mean, I guess it makes sense. Everybody wants to be the team that ends the drought rather than watch a rival do it.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad