Confirmed with Link: [VAN/CHI] Ilya Mikheyev(15% Retained), Sam Lafferty(Rights), 2027 2nd round pick for 2027 4th round pick

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Of the two, Z is who I want because I think we can extend term on him to fit the AAV. And I just like him better.

He seemed to step up his game here in a situation that let's him play a solid role .
if playoffs are what we are building for hes one of those players I'd want to keep for sure.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
He's probably mulling over his two options. It's easy for us to say just accept the trade, but he has to move and live there and play for whatever team he decides, both of which are on his no-trade list.
I know I just want chaos

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
2020’s have not been good for draft capital for the Canucks. You really can’t afford to both trade to talent while also giving up assets to get rid of players too.

Yes it patently sucks and has for a while, but we're dealing with a limited window on the Hughes/Demko contracts to actually do something of significance and it's probably worth the risk at this point. That's not excusing the fact the current regime has also had to consistently move draft picks to get out of sticky situations they created.

Reactions: BimJenning and Flik

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Thank Mr.Allvin

1719453450357.gif

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
He seemed to step up his game here in a situation that let's him play a solid role .
if playoffs are what we are building for hes one of those players I'd want to keep for sure.

I had to read so many "will Tryamkin come back?" posts over the years that read as pathetic as jilted lovers. Consider that Zadorov right now is the player we all hoped Tryamkin could be.

Reactions: God and bbud

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Done.

Total game-changer for this offseason.

I said one of my litmus tests for this summer was whether they'd fire Mikheyev into the sun like TB/Vegas would do or whether they'd Nonis the situation and they've come through. Sucks it had to be made, but great move.
Yup. I made a similar post yesterday saying this team won’t be serious next year if Mikheyev isn’t moved by July 1st. Allvin is all in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad