NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The Rangers have reached their limit as a franchise and I love it.

They are basically what the Flyers were for 25 years. 5 ECF’s appearances. 1 SCF appearance. No Cups.
Check out the Rags site here. It’s not a pretty sight. The venom and frustration is flying there. There fans are delusional. They won a series against a club that didn’t deserve to be in the POs and then snuck by a team that had serious goal tending issues.
Shesterkin covered for a weak bottom six and a light weight defense. They just weren’t that good. Now they’re captive of bad contracts which limits their ability to make the necessary moves. Happy golfing Rags.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Check out the Rags site here. It’s not a pretty sight. The venom and frustration is flying there. There fans are delusional. They won a series against a club that didn’t deserve to be in the POs and then snuck by a team that had serious goal tending issues.
Shesterkin covered for a weak bottom six and a light weight defense. They just weren’t that good. Now they’re captive of bad contracts which limits their ability to make the necessary moves. Happy golfing Rags.
Their biggest problem is Panarin not performing in the playoffs. He's by far their highest paid player and gets outperformed by Kreider and Trocheck.
He's also 32 now which probably means he's only getting worse from now on.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
They are basically what the Flyers were for 25 years. 5 ECF’s appearances. 1 SCF appearance. No Cups.

I'm not sure that's the own you think it is? :laugh:

The Rangers just won the President's Trophy and have been the 4th best team over the last 3 years. I'd gladly prefer to watch that out of my team. I hope the Rangers continue to blow it, but they still have a few year window with the ages of their core. And Perreault and Othmann would be the 2nd and 3rd best prospects in the Flyers pool. Again, one just won the President's Trophy.....the other is exiting a "rebuild." Not great!

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I'm not sure that's the own you think it is? :laugh:

The Rangers just won the President's Trophy and have been the 4th best team over the last 3 years. I'd gladly prefer to watch that out of my team. I hope the Rangers continue to blow it, but they still have a few year window with the ages of their core. And Perreault and Othmann would be the 2nd and 3rd best prospects in the Flyers pool. Again, one just won the President's Trophy.....the other is exiting a "rebuild." Not great!
If the Flyers had that roster and could not get to at least the Cup Final how many coaches would we want fired and how many players we would want traded.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Stars lack the sandpaper to annoy Edmonton and the high-end talent to outplay them. They're kind of just rolling over.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, and the argument falls apart implying elite talent wins only if you assume Colorado didn’t have any. Dallas rolled through them.

Edmonton isn’t winning just because McDrai going apeshit; they are actually playing a solid, complete team game.
They are continuing to both go ape shit FYI. You ain’t stopping that McDavid goal.

Reactions: Kerberos

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Barkov line matching up against the McDavid line will be interesting. If there's anyone that can stop McDavid's/Draisaitl's firepower it's Barkov.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Oilers are happy to sit back and wait for the Stars to force them to do something as long as Skinner doesn’t give up any more meatballs.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
grats mcdavid..

im honestly fine with either remaining team winnin lord Stanley.
I've been riding with the Cats Crew again this playoffs but Edmonton has been a punchline for so long that it isn't going to make me hate them if they win. My nephew, in the other hand, has probably created new specialized profanity for each Oilers player tonight for knocking his Stars out.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Was out today and missed this one. The Oilers already have the most Cups won in my lifetime, so go Panthers.

Still cannot believe Dallas didn't roll Edmonton.

Stuart Skinner could be the worst Stanley Cup winning goalie of all time, supplanting the great Niemi/Leighton battle for that honour in 2010.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Nobody will touch the trophies but wearing the conference champion hats is copacetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad