NHL Talk Miscellaneous NHL Discussion CIII: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs for Thee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Stuart Skinner getting a shutout in a Conference Final would be akin to Leighton... but the Stars are not the Habs.

This series continues to shock me. I thought Dallas would steamroll Edmonton. I do wonder if they burned their energy beating Vegas and Colorado. They don't look the same against a weaker opponent.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I still maintain that Fletcher had a good first off-season and his moves were a major reason the team was so good that year.

But it was downhill from there.
It was an unmitigated disaster.

He had mountains of cap space, loads of assets, key players still in their primes, and a desirable head coaching gig to offer. It was an especially rare opportunity to positively change the direction of the franchise, and he completely blew it. We ended up with franchise-center piece cum pariah Kevin Hayes, Justin Braun at too high a price in cap space and assets spent, one season of really effective regular season play from Matt Niskanen but minus Gudas, Chris Stewart taking up space for no reason whatsoever, yet more Brian Elliott, losses all over the margins, and AV & Michel Therrien. It set the stage for everything that's transpired since.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
I mean, they have elite talent...and lots of depth. I think they're just gassed after going through Vegas and Colorado.

Yeah, and the argument falls apart implying elite talent wins only if you assume Colorado didn’t have any. Dallas rolled through them.

Edmonton isn’t winning just because McDrai going apeshit; they are actually playing a solid, complete team game.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Yeah, and the argument falls apart implying elite talent wins only if you assume Colorado didn’t have any. Dallas rolled through them.

Edmonton isn’t winning just because McDrai going apeshit; they are actually playing a solid, complete team game.
Their defensive play has been impressive for most of the series. They are taking away everything in the center of the ice.

Reactions: BernieParent

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
1. The Gostisbehere-Giroux Winnipeg OT Winner.
2. That gif that Cap made with Hakstol in the Red Room.
3. Jake’s deadhead Tweet.
4. Nope, that’s it.

Number 3 reminded me of a prompt I did with ChatGPT a few days ago :laugh:

1717283556088.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad