Series Talk: Minnesota Wild v Dallas Stars Playoff series thread | DAL Wins 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Any word on Goalie situation for game one?
Gonna be Clark.

Aa17qy.gif

Reactions: JBurd1

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Need both Gus and Kaprizov to be on their A+ games to have a shot in this: Kap ~2 ppg, Gus 3.00 GAA or under. If one happens, we can probably make a decently long series. If both happen, we can win.

Reactions: JBurd1 and TaLoN

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Need both Gus and Kaprizov to be on their A+ games to have a shot in this: Kap ~2 ppg, Gus 3.00 GAA or under. If one happens, we can probably make a decently long series. If both happen, we can win.
Boldy-(Ek)-Johansson is the X-factor line for me. Kap is going to score and Gus will be fine. It’s the secondary scoring. Nyquist being a 3rd line mismatch could be huge.

Reactions: 63firebird

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
'd say closer to 2 save % is important. Not sure Wild can score 4+. Secondary scoring is essential for any team to make playoff run. Toplines cancel out often.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Sounds like Ek may be playing tomorrow…
There's a big chance. Last year Zucc took some cortisone shots to kill the pain. Ek can do the same...now it's all hands on deck, fight for your life, mother and country, and team.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I only care what Zucc does this year... not how he failed to show up last year.
I have faith if Ek plays, he'll play well.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
So I have ESPN+. But that is it. No actual provider, just a TV with an Apple TV connected to it.

Will I be able to watch the game?

I am in Miami as of August.

Hope everyone has been good. I haven't posted in a while.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
So I have ESPN+. But that is it. No actual provider, just a TV with an Apple TV connected to it.

Will I be able to watch the game?

I am in Miami as of August.

Hope everyone has been good. I haven't posted in a while.
You should be able to.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Curious to see if Boldy elevates his game in the playoffs. I think how he performs come playoff time will significantly influence a lot of people’s views of him over the course of his contract.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Curious to see if Boldy elevates his game in the playoffs. I think how he performs come playoff time will significantly influence a lot of people’s views of him over the course of his contract.
To be fair, couldn't you basically say that about pretty much every player on the roster?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
To be fair, couldn't you basically say that about pretty much every player on the roster?
I feel like it applies to Boldy moreso because his contract is long-term, and generally seen as a great value. If he fails to produce during playoffs, I think fans could turn on him.

I don’t think that has been the case with other players who have signed long-term contracts here… Brodin, Ek.

Reactions: Lapa

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I feel like it applies to Boldy moreso because his contract is long-term, and generally seen as a great value. If he fails to produce during playoffs, I think fans could turn on him.

I don’t think that has been the case with other players who have signed long-term contracts here… Brodin, Ek.
Which, I don't get. He's still learning, growing. You can clearly see flashes and seems like he's starting to get more consistent lately. Cripes. People need to give these kids time. How people bitch about a guy that pots 30+ in a season with little to no help for most of the year, is beyond me. A full year with quality linemates and some growth and the kid is going to be a stud.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Which, I don't get. He's still learning, growing. You can clearly see flashes and seems like he's starting to get more consistent lately. Cripes. People need to give these kids time. How people bitch about a guy that pots 30+ in a season with little to no help for most of the year, is beyond me. A full year with quality linemates and some growth and the kid is going to be a stud.
Agree wholeheartedly.

Depending on how the Dallas series goes, I think some fans are beginning to get frustrated with our lack of playoff success.

Reactions: MK9

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Agree wholeheartedly.

Depending on how the Dallas series goes, I think some fans are beginning to get frustrated with our lack of playoff success.
And yet this dude kind of seemed to get a free pass regardless of his playoff no shows.

1681696309881.png

5 points in 13 games and people were ready to back the Brinks truck up for him. Not at all saying I wouldn't have wanted him to be here. I didn't want him shipped out either. However, if Boldy is going to catch excrement for his contract vs playoff performance, sure seems hypocritical for Fiala to not have gotten the same scrutiny.

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
And yet this dude kind of seemed to get a free pass regardless of his playoff no shows.

View attachment 689647

5 points in 13 games and people were ready to back the Brinks truck up for him. Not at all saying I wouldn't wanted him to be here. I didn't want him shipped out either. However, if Boldy is going to catch excrement for his contract vs playoff performance, sure seems hypocritical for Fiala to not have gotten the same scrutiny.

Patently untrue.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Patently untrue.
Sure seemed that way to me. I'm not saying the fans and posters here were in lock step and everyone felt the same way. However there appeared to be a willingness to just shrug off his playoff struggles by multiple posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $656.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki