Series Talk: Minnesota Wild v Dallas Stars Playoff series thread | DAL Wins 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Basketball guy that's covering hockey for whatever reason. Demonstrates a clear lack of understanding of hockey by getting just about everything wrong in his analysis of the hit:

-Didn't leave feet
-Leading with the shoulder is how you're supposed to hit
-Pavelski just got rid of the puck less than a second before the hit

Writes for the local paper so who really cares. Looks to be another Adrian Dater type.

JokersWilds

Dec 21, 2022
What a game, my god that was an awesome W, just need to KO Suter on Wednesday and get another W at the same time and we're looking real good

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
I thought this tidbid in the gamer from last night was pretty funny:

"Same with Johansson and Kaprizov, who ate a couple vicious cross-checks from Ryan Suter, who is not a popular fixture at all inside his old locker room. Wild players were ripping the longtime former Wild defenseman to shreds in the celebratory postgame locker room."

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

"Same with Johansson and Kaprizov, who ate a couple vicious cross-checks from Ryan Suter, who is not a popular fixture at all inside his old locker room. Wild players were ripping the longtime former Wild defenseman to shreds in the celebratory postgame locker room."
Well, there were quite a few rumors that he was trying to run the room here and not in a good way. One of the reasons why he was bought out. Needed to flush out the crap.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

If uniting against Suter is what gets them out of the first round, I'll take it

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

What does this mean for Ek? Is he playing tomorrow or not? Or did he just not skate today?

EDIT: After looking at some other tweets, sounds like it was just that he didn't partake in the optional practice today.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
It was good that Ek wasn´t playing such a long game with a foot in that shape. Skating 25-30 minutes in a playoff game could have made it worse. A little more rest was the right decision

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Can this please be our anthem for this series?
Can it not? That'd be my vote.

It was good that Ek wasn´t playing such a long game with a foot in that shape. Skating 25-30 minutes in a playoff game could have made it worse. A little more rest was the right decision
That and the way he plays they'd have targeted him for sure.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
It's funny when Russo on twitter attacks Stars media folks and vice versa. Even Russo and Saad (Stars beat writer), both working for The Athletic, are not best of friends these days.

It's much about the Dumba hit, and Suter's behavior.

We're at war, and we won the first battle :D

Last edited:

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
WTF was wrong with Dumba lighting up Pavelski? Its called finishing a check. Players learn to keep there heads up in ice mice. Texas knows jack shit about hockey. Its playoff time in the NHL.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Watch Kaprizov...wow
He and Dumba are good friends, Kap was like... leave my bro alone!

WTF was wrong with Dumba lighting up Pavelski? Its called finishing a check. Players learn to keep there heads up in ice mice. Texas knows jack shit about hockey. Its playoff time in the NHL.
Absolutely nothing. Which is why the league deemed it completely clean.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I would venture to guess and I'm not sure I agree with this but Ek won't be back until Game 3 assuming that we are going to Game 3 tied 1-1 as Dallas responds. I think after winning game 1 they could be okay with rolling the dice with the same group that won (2 centers scored goals) and seeing if they can't steal one.

Gets him a few more days of skating and a chance to work closer to 100%.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I would venture to guess and I'm not sure I agree with this but Ek won't be back until Game 3 assuming that we are going to Game 3 tied 1-1 as Dallas responds. I think after winning game 1 they could be okay with rolling the dice with the same group that won (2 centers scored goals) and seeing if they can't steal one.

Gets him a few more days of skating and a chance to work closer to 100%.
I agree but I’m hoping he’s closer than we think and comes out for game 2 95%+

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Wow, just wow! I can't believe I felt that I had to go to bed before overtime and miss all that, but the length of the day today says I made the correct choice.

Brock Faber and that diving save keeping us in the game, just incredible, as well as Hartman coming back and nailing the game winner after having such a rough game up to that point and playing hurt is just the stuff that sports stories are made of.

Such a long game to begin the series, and I hope we can keep the pace up throughout.

Go Wild! I can't wait for game 2!

I also can't believe the hostility to Dumba's hit on Pavelski. Not the horrible kind of hit you would think from the way people are describing it to be. I think the NHL was pretty close to right on that one. I really hope Pavelski is okay and that he comes back as good as ever.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
Hopefully kap and boldy get going in game 2. If Gus plays like he did last night going back to the X up 2-0 i would be very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki