Series Talk: Minnesota Wild v Dallas Stars Playoff series thread | DAL Wins 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I also can't believe the hostility to Dumba's hit on Pavelski. Not the horrible kind of hit you would think from the way people are describing it to be. I think the NHL was pretty close to right on that one. I really hope Pavelski is okay and that he comes back as good as ever.
People always get emotional when an injury results. It's a clean hit with an unfortunate result.

Reactions: The Enemy Within

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
People always get emotional when an injury results. It's a clean hit with an unfortunate result.
I wasn´t sure until it was replayed. It happened so fast. At first replay I thought it could go either way, when the refs called a major I thougt it maybe was borderline. With Pavelski injured I thought they were gonna send Dumba off. But the refs and the league got the right call in the end.
Of course Dallas fans were livid, had it been Kap I would have been angry as hell.
Unfortunate that Pav was hurt, I want him back ASAP.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Yep. I'd hazard to say that if the situation was reversed and that was one of our top line boys laying on the ice knocked out there would be the same outcry from a fair number of Wild fans here. Regardless of the cleanliness of the hit. It's just the way it is. Nobody wants to see one of their guys go down like that. Hope Joe P is OK though.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I've never seen the IT...bunch, group, crowd? whatever the name of the show was. Former roommate was big into it. I just know him from a crapload of different British panel or game shows.
The IT Crowd. I HIGHLY recommend giving it a watch. It’s absolutely hilarious.

Which shows? Would I Lie to You? 8oo10 Cats Does Countdown? The Big Fat Quiz? lol

Reactions: MK9

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
The IT Crowd. I HIGHLY recommend giving it a watch. It’s absolutely hilarious.

Which shows? Would I Lie to You? 8oo10 Cats Does Countdown? The Big Fat Quiz? lol
I'll have to give IT Crowd a go.

Mostly know him from Cats/Countdown. For some reason I thought I'd remembered seeing him on Taskmaster, but doesn't appear that he's ever done the show.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I'll have to give IT Crowd a go.

Mostly know him from Cats/Countdown. For some reason I thought I'd remembered seeing him on Taskmaster, but doesn't appear that he's ever done the show.
He definitely has not done Taskmaster. That’s why I left it off the list ;-).

If you like British humor, you’ll love The IT Crowd

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I was just reading this on the Athletic:
Kaprizov, who already ranks fourth in Wild history in playoff goals and is just six behind all-time goals leader Zach Parise’s 16, became the 10th player in the NHL’s modern era (since 1943-44) to score 10 career playoff goals in 14 games or fewer — and just the second to do so in the past 32 years after Vladimir Tarasenko scored his 10th goal in his 12th game in 2015.
I'm not sure whether to be awed by how quickly he's scoring goals in the playoffs, because it is an insane rate, or whether I should be depressed that the record is only 16.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I'm not sure whether to be awed by how quickly he's scoring goals in the playoffs, because it is an insane rate, or whether I should be depressed that the record is only 16.

why-not-both-why-not.gif

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
He was so good the whole game. I could not believe my eyes sometimes

It felt like watching Brodin in his debut season. Not saying Faber = Brodin, but I do have that vibe about him. So confident, calm, and collected. Very rare in a young defenseman, especially one whose offense isn't their calling card.

Reactions: TaLoN

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
If Faber finds some offensive instinct to his game he'll be better than Phil Housely.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012

I can't believe our playoff goal scoring record is even as high as 16 for an individual player. Players haven't stayed around that long and usually we don't go deep in the playoffs.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

I was watch the Rangers/Devils series and Kreider set the record for most Ranger playoff goals in history with 35. I thought that was kind of a low number considering their long history. 16 isn't actually terrible when you consider the Wild's playoff futility.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I was watch the Rangers/Devils series and Kreider set the record for most Ranger playoff goals in history with 35. I thought that was kind of a low number considering their long history. 16 isn't actually terrible when you consider the Wild's playoff futility.
Normally I look before posting, but I actually looked up that stat afterward and learned that if you go down to about the 200th player on the career playoff goals list there's 13 guys tied for 198th at 28 goals. That includes the likes of Sid Abel, Larry Robinson, Claude Giroux, Keith Tkatchuk, Brian Leetch and Patric Hornqvist. So, pretty good players!

I actually think Parise scored pretty well, considering he only got past the 1st round twice with the Wild. It's just crazy how bad the Wild have been in the playoffs, given how often they've made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki