Minnesota Wild General Discussion XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I’m saying never. I can sadly understand a 38 fleury because it’s his buddy and yada yada past success blah blah but Zucc going on 37/38 signing an extension as an undersized forward? Lord have mercy on my soul …

Late start to his NHL career might save the legs a little bit. And if he's still a 60+ point guy at that time, I guess I don't really see the problem unless both Yurov and Ohgren are both banging down the door.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Late start to his NHL career might save the legs a little bit. And if he's still a 60+ point guy at that time, I guess I don't really see the problem unless both Yurov and Ohgren are both banging down the door.
I see a problem in it being him tied completely to Kap to get that 60+. In three years I hope we have more firepower to put on kaps line.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
In 3 years, we still have $15M in dead cap. Still a roadblock to attaining that firepower.

True enough. I don't necessarily see Zucc on the top line when he's 37 or 38, if others can beat his production. But he'll be a damn good bottom 6 player, at 2-3M a yr. And he'll still mentor Kaprizov, not to mention the other young guys coming up.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I have heard some chatter on a couple podcasts now that the player’s debts to the owners are projected to be paid off after next season. That cap isn’t supposed to jump up more than 1M next off-season, but after that there’s speculation it could jump up to 90M+ for 2024 off-season. Something to think about given our situation.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
In 3 years, we still have $15M in dead cap. Still a roadblock to attaining that firepower.
In three years that 14m should be coming off the books. I’d hope to be having some skill from prospects flourish by then and we surround Kap with better talent.

I have heard some chatter on a couple podcasts now that the player’s debts to the owners are projected to be paid off after next season. That cap isn’t supposed to jump up more than 1M next off-season, but after that there’s speculation it could jump up to 90M+ for 2024 off-season. Something to think about given our situation.
That could be huge for us and makes me want to sign Boldy to an extension sooner rather than later

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Russo said in the podcast today that originally Guerin went to Leipold with a proposal of only buying out Suter instead of both.

If anything, we all would have expected the opposite. I think that's just another statement against Suter's influence on this team.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Russo said in the podcast today that originally Guerin went to Leipold with a proposal of only buying out Suter instead of both.

If anything, we all would have expected the opposite. I think that's just another statement against Suter's influence on this team.
I'd take Russo's podcasts with a HUGE grain of salt.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

This sounds odd. Parise was in the doghouse and pressboxed for the first games of the Playoffs that last season.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Quick question; WHY THE HELL HASN'T THE WILD MADE ANY COACHING CHANGES?

Oh and I didn't realize Hendrickson has been an assistant coach for 12 years now.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Quick question; WHY THE HELL HASN'T THE WILD MADE ANY COACHING CHANGES?

Oh and I didn't realize Hendrickson has been an assistant coach for 12 years now.

MN just had their best record ever and almost all the players outperformed their contracts. So everything should be peachy from a management perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad