Minnesota Wild General Discussion X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Worth a shot. Rewards Soucy for playing so well, gives Seeler a nod for being the good soldier in the press box all this time.

I guess I forgot that Pateryn is on his way back. Dumba up, Pateryn plays next to either Brodin or Hunt. I’d like to see what Soucy would do in an elevated role though.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I guess I forgot that Pateryn is on his way back. Dumba up, Pateryn plays next to either Brodin or Hunt. I’d like to see what Soucy would do in an elevated role though.
Could still give Seeler a game to see how he does, reward him for being a good soldier. Let Pateryn get his conditioning stint in Iowa before a decision is made.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
I don't see Seeler getting more than a game. He has looked pretty bad in his limited showings, and I would guess they don't want to completely lose all offense Spurgeon provides.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seeler will need at least a game to knock off the rust, maybe more. A guy like Mennell is completely untried at the NHL level and would need more time. Belpedio would be the logical choice if Pateryn can't go, and Seeler is poop. It's a good thing that both Brodin and Hunt can play the off side.

I hate to break up Brodin/Dumba. I dunno if it was my imagination, but it seemed like Dumba was doing strange things when he was playing with Suter again last night. It's almost like he tries to annoy Suter.

DonatoisDaddy

Sep 25, 2019
Seeler will need at least a game to knock off the rust, maybe more. A guy like Mennell is completely untried at the NHL level and would need more time. Belpedio would be the logical choice if Pateryn can't go, and Seeler is poop. It's a good thing that both Brodin and Hunt can play the off side.

I hate to break up Brodin/Dumba. I dunno if it was my imagination, but it seemed like Dumba was doing strange things when he was playing with Suter again last night. It's almost like he tries to annoy Suter.
Dumba is probably just mad because Suter is getting all his PP time :sarcasm:

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I think it's time to really address the JEE 'situation'.

What is that situation?

The guy, despite his scoring woahs, is an absolute essential element to this team going forward. Never trade him. He will only get better at what he does. And what he does is shutdown EVERYTHING on the ice (and maybe even his own scoring).

He is even agitating to his opponents it seems.

The guy is the quintessential 3rd line C that can move up the lineup when needed. He should be viewed as such as the TD approaches and any moves going into next year.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

What is that situation?

The guy, despite his scoring woahs, is an absolute essential element to this team going forward. Never trade him. He will only get better at what he does. And what he does is shutdown EVERYTHING on the ice (and maybe even his own scoring).

The guy is the quintessential 3rd line C that can move up the lineup when needed. He should be viewed as such as the TD approaches and any moves going into next year.
Not to take anything away from his play, but as a counterpoint to how essential he is: if there was a deal available to trade Ek as part of a package for a young, top-6 center, should we decline?

I'm thinking in particular about a discussion on the trade board around Trocheck+ for Brodin and Ek. Setting aside the low likelihood of that particular trade, it's very much the sort of deal that I think Guerin should be looking for right now. A center that can replace some of what Koivu does defensively is important, but we do have Rask and Sturm as bottom-6 center options and some good defensive wingers. If Ek can be used to bring in a young, top-6 center he should definitely be on the table.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I love the way Ek is playing. He is already a terrific defensively. Needs to get better on FO's, and score a bit more.

He and Greenway are forechecking demons from Hell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Ox

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Boudreau seems to be trying to keep Ek's line the "shutdown" line, which I get. Open-minded-but-skeptical about the 4th line and Kunin as 2C. I don't really have any better ideas.

Edit: I take that back. I'd rather see this, personally...

Greenway - Eriksson-Ek - Foligno
Donato - Rask - Hartman

Foligno's as good or better than Hartman defensively, and playing him on his off wing seems like a minor thing. And it gets the Donato-Rask-Hartman line back, which was playing well.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

What is that situation?

He's the 3rd best player on a solid 3rd line. Pretty much the definition of replaceable.

Saying that he's capable of moving into the top 6 is absurd.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I'm not much more than a fair weather fan, but if there is a chance to see Seeler-Hunt play I won't miss a minute.

That combination has very high potential if Seeler is willing to play the more defensive role.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Spurgeon only out two weeks? Must not be a broken hand?
Dodged a bit of a bullet on that one, if so. Not that I think the team will fall apart without him for a month, but 2 weeks has to imply that it's less likely to be something that'll nag him for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad