Minnesota Wild General Discussion X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Dumba has been a bit unlucky. Also think he is playing the best I've ever seen him defensively. Would like to see him playing PP TOI, but it's hard to complain with what Suter and Spurgeon are doing there.

Bottom line is that my eyes are telling me a different story than the scoresheet. I think he'll be fine and go on a run soon.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Dumba has actually played well. He has been totally unnoticeable defensively, which is a good thing.

Offensively, he hasn't put up points, or goals, but I can see that he actually does drive offense and he does attract and draw in the other team.

It'll come. Dumba won't ever been a mega star on this team.

If Dumba got to play with McDrai or Rankinon, or in Boston, hell even Chicago with Kaner, he would put up 20 goals every season.

That said, I'll keep him here for his career. His skating won't slow until he's 32. He's a focused kid, he's a driven kid, now a man I suppose. He won't lose his cannon- he needs guys to get him space on the PP and 5v5, our PP and 5v5 is paint drying.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
the wild playing better hasn't changed my mind about the need for a retool or rebuild. just looking at Colorado is enough to realize we are nowhere near a top team in the nhl. im tired of mild hockey aren't you?

Reactions: Nsjohnson

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
the wild playing better hasn't changed my mind about the need for a retool or rebuild. just looking at Colorado is enough to realize we are nowhere near a top team in the nhl. im tired of mild hockey aren't you?

I personally would rather watch mild hockey and make the playoffs than think a true rebuild is an easy thing. I don't want to watch a team take 5-10 years to finally crawl out of the cellar. Its not automatic to get generational talent with a high pick.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I do think that a top 7 pick is the best thing for this team long term, but at the end of the day, if the wild are to become an elite franchise it’s going to be because our drafting and development is much improved from previous year and because BillyG is the real deal. Don’t think where we pick this year affects either of those things.

Reactions: zellmatic

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
so your just fine A ok watching mild hockey the rest of your life? im not.

Im fine with watching the product they have put on the ice the last month. October they were no good. But I think with a half competent goalie in some of those games more wins could have been possible.

I also understand that in professional sports teams go through ups and downs so I understand losing will happen. But I still always want to see a win.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Ok, I'll answer this in open thread since it's being frequently asked ...

This was discussed by all the forum mods after frequent discussions on the subject quickly devolved into flaming on both sides.

We did not want to make a rule to eliminate tank talk completely, so we agreed that discussions on tanking vs anti tanking would not be permitted as the compromise to keep the board civil.

Reactions: Wild11MN

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I want to apologize to Parise - I had all but written him off after the slow start, but he has that character the Wild have always sought out. He's been very good of late. Wouldn't't it be something if he actually made it to the end of the contract as a contributor at 40?

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
I want to apologize to Parise - I had all but written him off after the slow start, but he has that character the Wild have always sought out. He's been very good of late. Wouldn't't it be something if he actually made it to the end of the contract as a contributor at 40?
Do you think he’ll accept your apology?

Reactions: Al Lagoon

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I guess I wouldn't mind Seeler getting a shot to get back in, though I'm not his biggest fan.

Suter - Dumba
Soucy - Brodin
Seeler - Hunt

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I guess I wouldn't mind Seeler getting a shot to get back in, though I'm not his biggest fan.

Suter - Dumba
Soucy - Brodin
Seeler - Hunt
Worth a shot. Rewards Soucy for playing so well, gives Seeler a nod for being the good soldier in the press box all this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad