Minnesota Wild General Discussion X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
I think Ek's shift against Montreal where he blocked three shots from Weber is part of what woke up the team. Before that they looked like the worst team in the league, since then they are 12-5-4.

Reactions: Aurinko

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I would’ve tried Dumba on the Unit with Fiala and Parise, but I am glad to see Kunin on the PP

TJL48

Nov 30, 2011
St. Paul
He's the 3rd best player on a solid 3rd line. Pretty much the definition of replaceable.

Saying that he's capable of moving into the top 6 is absurd.

Really? I notice Greenway and Ek way more than Kunin when that line is out there.

TJL48

Nov 30, 2011
St. Paul
He does get his shots.

Just from my viewing I seem to notice the other 2 making more plays all over the ice.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Greenway and Ek don't get as many shots but they are keeping the play in the offensive zone. It is that possession that is leading to Kunin's shots. A third line that can play against the other team's top line and spend most of that time on offense is a tremendous asset even if they don't score a ton.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
The 3rd line has been very good - so has the 4th line. In fact, without any facts to back it up, I would say it is probably one of the better 4th lines in the league.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Spurgeon only out two weeks? Must not be a broken hand?
I'm guessing that they thought it was a broken bone, but after a closer look, it may only be a bruised bone.

Both require a splint (Spurgeon was seen with one after the game), but obviously bruised bones heal quicker.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I think Ek's shift against Montreal where he blocked three shots from Weber is part of what woke up the team. Before that they looked like the worst team in the league, since then they are 12-5-4.

without the blocks, his defensive contributions would go unseen to most viewers.

EK also has good positioning and is a responsible guy.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It'd be a real slap in the face to Seeler if Menell is brought up, though the handedness issue is real.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It'd be a real slap in the face to Seeler if Menell is brought up, though the handedness issue is real.

Why is it a slap in the face? We don't even know if Menell is going to skate or not. For all we know, he's going to be poppin' popcorn and watching. He's here, because Spurgeon is out 2 weeks and in case of an emergency.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory

If Seeler plays and looks lost its not a slap in the face. Menell is an offensive right shot so they are probably looking to replace some of what Spurgeon brought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad