Minnesota Wild General Discussion X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Obviously we don't need advanced stats to tell us he's bad, but here's another chart.

And the always hilarious bottom-left of this one.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
The Wild are only four points out of the last wildcard spot. With decent goal tending this is probably a playoff team. I have mixed feelings about that. Given that they aren't that far away from being good now, if you fixed the goal tending added Lafreniere and Kaprizov they might be genuine contenders next year. It may not be a bad idea to be bad for a year. It is hard to root for that though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I know. The 3 V 3 really shows how much we are missing high end talent, though. I would also pump the brakes on Kaprizov being elite in the NHL. The jump from KHL star to NHL star is a big one.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I know. The 3 V 3 really shows how much we are missing high end talent, though. I would also pump the brakes on Kaprizov being elite in the NHL. The jump from KHL star to NHL star is a big one.
Exactly. Expectations for Kaprizov have to be reasonable. I remember the crazy expectations for Granny when he came over, and although he wasn't a bust, he didn't turn out to be a superstar either. The club has to be careful not to rest all the team's hopes on the kid's shoulders.

Last edited:

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008

Yes and it's so strange to me how - in reverse - guys like Linus Omark, Nigel Dawes, and now Dmitri Jaskin can become KHL stars.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah...it's like, don't rule out a KHL star from becoming a NHL star, but certainly don't rule them in.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If Kaprizov comes over and is a flop, which there is a chance happens, that would be absolutely devastating to the future of this team. How bad will this team be in 2 years if Kaprizov isn’t a play driver? Sheesh

Zucker(30)-Staal(37)-Fiala(25)
Parise(37)-some overpaid FA-Zuccar(34)
Greenway(24)-Ek(25)-Kunin(24)
Kaprizov(24)-Boldy(21)-Hartman

Suter(37)-Dumba(27)
Belpedio(26)-Spurgeon(32)
Soucy-Mennel

Kahkonen
Robson
Jones

Fiala and Kaprizov need to develop into good offensive players, and we need to find a long term solution down the middle. If there isn’t a clear vision there, we’re just throwing the same thing at the wall hoping it works.

Reactions: AKL

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
What if he isn't a "flop", but merely a guy who scores an average of 22 g, 50 pts./yr? Basically, another Zucker? That's far from a flop, but not the elite 1st liner that Wild fans crave. What if that is also where Boldy ends up?

If so, we can look forward to an average team that makes the playoffs some years, but doesn't go far when they do.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
anyone already listen to this podcast with guest billy Guerin? im at work cant listen ,anything interesting?

I just listened to that segment. Basically he's going to Russia next week to meet with Kaprizov as already reported. Said he's needed all this time so far to figure everything out basically, from players to staffing etc., especially coming in late in the offseason.

He said he was actually caught off-guard on how close the team is (the individuals). Mentioned the veterans have to lead, play better, and can't be the ones costing the team games. Said he wasn't immediately fleeced on trade proposals at least.

On identity of the team, they have more success when playing a structured game and not trading chances. Wants guys that bring a competitive nature every night.

He also said he likes some advice from Rutherford - don't try to win a trade, try to make a fair deal as guys will be more likely to deal with you in the future.

Reactions: TaLoN

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What if he isn't a "flop", but merely a guy who scores an average of 22 g, 50 pts./yr? Basically, another Zucker? That's far from a flop, but not the elite 1st liner that Wild fans crave. What if that is also where Boldy ends up?

If so, we can look forward to an average team that makes the playoffs some years, but doesn't go far when they do.

Is that something to look forward to?

Reactions: BuiumSaveUs

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018

If Kaprizov turns into Zucker, and Boldy turns into a Kunin level player, Colorado is going to do to us what Chicago did in the playoffs for years

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver

If there's any team that deserves their nickname, it's the Minnesota Mild.

I just want hope for a brighter future. You can sell hope.

Can't sell dog shit.

Reactions: BuiumSaveUs

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If Kaprizov comes over and is a flop, which there is a chance happens, that would be absolutely devastating to the future of this team. How bad will this team be in 2 years if Kaprizov isn’t a play driver? Sheesh

Zucker(30)-Staal(37)-Fiala(25)
Parise(37)-some overpaid FA-Zuccar(34)
Greenway(24)-Ek(25)-Kunin(24)
Kaprizov(24)-Boldy(21)-Hartman

Suter(37)-Dumba(27)
Belpedio(26)-Spurgeon(32)
Soucy-Mennel

Kahkonen
Robson
Jones

Fiala and Kaprizov need to develop into good offensive players, and we need to find a long term solution down the middle. If there isn’t a clear vision there, we’re just throwing the same thing at the wall hoping it works.

Your top line is way, way off. Beckman-Khovanov-Hentges will be running roughshod over the league in two years.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I mean, yeah, if you want to assume that none of our prospects are or will be any good, then we're probably going to be in a pretty rough spot. That isn't a controversial or groundbreaking opinion.

Reactions: 2Pair

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Now we're complaining about our good prospects?
Not complaining. It just seems that we’ve never had a prospect reach our expectations. That falls a lot on us for overhyping, but if we consider that as probable for Kaprizov/Boldy, things start to look very... mediocre, per usual.

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I mean, yeah, if you want to assume that none of our prospects are or will be any good, then we're probably going to be in a pretty rough spot. That isn't a controversial or groundbreaking opinion.
It’s not even about all of our prospects, it’s just about Kaprizov. We don’t really know if he is going to pan out. He obviously has the skill, but it’s happened before that Russians can’t translate that to NA. it’s not that I think we’ll be in a rough spot, it think we have decent pieces in place to be a team that competes for the playoffs most years in the future, it’s that I still think we need that elite scorer, and we need very badly for Kaprizov to be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad