Minnesota Wild General Discussion X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I dunno, can you really consider assists as a hot streak?
Fair, though their play overall goes quite a bit beyond that. As a pairing they've been dynamite.

But even going back into November and October I do think that Brodin has looked more engaged offensively this year. I'm not sure how much that's translated directly into more points, but it's probably not a coincidence. I wonder how many of his assists have come off of rushes that he started the breakout for.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fair, though their play overall goes quite a bit beyond that. As a pairing they've been dynamite.

But even going back into November and October I do think that Brodin has looked more engaged offensively this year. I'm not sure how much that's translated directly into more points, but it's probably not a coincidence. I wonder how many of his assists have come off of rushes that he started the breakout for.

I thought he looked a lot more engaged for the first two months of last season, then it trailed off. Results are a lot better so far this season, so let’s see if it keeps up.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Interesting lines at practice today.

Parise-Staal-Lizard

And a real kid line..

Donato-Johnson-Fiala

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
That kid line lacks experience, but at least there should be a lot of speed. Boudreau takes a chance, and I like it. Hopefully they'll have some success.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
That kid line lacks experience, but at least there should be a lot of speed. Boudreau takes a chance, and I like it. Hopefully they'll have some success.
It’s not a chance. Parise has never worked well with staal. We tried that same line to start the year and it was horrendous

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Parise has been playing better since then, worth a shot.

I'd say that it would be better to take your shot at seeing what Donato could give you as a top line winger. Hard to do that with a healthy lineup; we've been handed the opportunity through injuries, which is unfortunate, but it is what it is.

I'm not pro trading Zucker, but 2-3 weeks of good Donato play in that spot can change things a bit.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
It’s not a chance. Parise has never worked well with staal. We tried that same line to start the year and it was horrendous

I was talking about the Donato-Johnson-Fiala line. You think this will work? I'm not saying it won't, why not give it a try.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Boudreau is an absolute f***ing Pejorative Slur if he deploys that lineup against Arizona. Johnson couldn't even cut it as a fourth liner, now he's going to straddle Fiala with the task of carrying his shitty body up and down the ice?

The minute that line steps out onto the ice Boudreau should be relieved of his duties.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Mayhew - Staal - Zuccarello
Parise - Donato - Fiala
Greenway - Sturm/Rask - Kunin
Foligno - Rask/Sturm - Hartman

That took about 2 minutes of thought

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Mayhew - Staal - Zuccarello
Parise - Donato - Fiala
Greenway - Sturm/Rask - Kunin
Foligno - Rask/Sturm - Hartman

That took about 2 minutes of thought

I can only hope in your version of the lineup that Johnson was blasted into the sun from a t-shirt cannon?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I can only hope in your version of the lineup that Johnson was blasted into the sun from a t-shirt cannon?
I just don't get why he would break up the Parise - Donato - Fiala line? Makes zero sense. Especially when you're doing it to put a line back together that was terrible earlier in the year. Also doesn't make much sense to call up a guy like Mayhew to play on the 4th line but then put a guy like Johnson on the 2nd line. WTF?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

Good lord...what's your problem with this guy? He has just one game here, give him a chance. He was actually one of the more physical players with 3 hits, he also played more than Donato and Rask.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Good lord...what's your problem with this guy? He has just one game here, give him a chance. He was actually one of the more physical players with 3 hits, he also played more than Donato and Rask.

He has never been that good of a hockey player, going back to his time at UND, has no business being on the second line whatsoever, or even in the NHL for that matter. He's an AHL journeyman, and the fact that he's getting reps with Fiala and Donato in the top 6 is ridiculous.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I try to let the lines fail before I get mad about them, but breaking up a line that was working well to slot in a player as unremarkable as Luke Johnson is kind of irritating. Especially when all the other lines are necessarily in chaos because of injuries.

XXXX - Staal - Zuccarello
Parise - Donato - Fiala
XXXX - Rask/Sturm - Kunin
XXXX - Sturm/Rask - XXXX

It keeps 5/6's of a top-6 that was winning games intact and puts the AHL guys in roles they're probably better suited to. I'll be the first to admit that Boudreau has forgotten more about hockey than I'll ever know, but I don't see the need to complicate this.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Just put Dumba at RW when Spurgeon is healthy. :sarcasm:

I just want to see if Suter would still just dump the puck in from the blueline or not. It might be the only way Dumba gets a pass from him. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad