Minnesota Wild General Discussion X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
3 games in the next 4 days. It would be dumb to not have an extra forward with the team.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Maybe a bit PO'ed at Rask for that giveaway leading to a GA? I thought Donato had a good game, but don't know if that had anything to do with him playing C. I thought the forwards, in general, had a poor game from the hash marks to the Blue line in the D zone, leading to a lot of chances against. They have to be stronger than that. Koivu is missed in that regard.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Have we had the most road games of any team so far this season? If we can hold ground at home the rest of the way, I don't see why the Wild won't once again make the playoffs.

Zebich

Nov 7, 2019
Have we had the most road games of any team so far this season? If we can hold ground at home the rest of the way, I don't see why the Wild won't once again make the playoffs.
I don't see this team making it anywhere until Praise and Suter are off the books.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Wonder why we recalled 2 centers. Also, Dubnyk bearing return? The tank is back

Reactions: AKL

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hopefully not another injury. So Sturm, Mayhew, and Johnson are up? Maybe BB didn't like Rask's game? I can see Sturm replacing JEE on the Geeks. I thought Donato looked ok between Parise and Fiala...weak at the blue lines, but ok. Can't see Johnson doing any better.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Hopefully not another injury. So Sturm, Mayhew, and Johnson are up? Maybe BB didn't like Rask's game? I can see Sturm replacing JEE on the Geeks. I thought Donato looked ok between Parise and Fiala...weak at the blue lines, but ok. Can't see Johnson doing any better.

They are headed for a 2 game trip to AZ and NV. Better to have an extra guy in the pressbox than have to play with 11 FWDs and 7 d-men.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, but Sturm and Johnson give them two extra forwards, unless there are injuries beyond Koivu and JEE. I'm assuming that Mayhew is still up.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
In an emergency, Hunt can play forward, and Seeler take his place. Maybe they just want to see Johnson and Sturm?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
In an emergency, Hunt can play forward, and Seeler take his place. Maybe they just want to see Johnson and Sturm?
Why would you ever put yourself into a position where you had to play a defensemen at forward?

I would imagine that both Sturm and Johnson were called up because both have earned it and it doesn't hurt anything to give them both a couple of days in the NHL.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

In an emergency yes he could, but why put yourself in that position when it could have been prevented by carrying an extra pressbox FWD? MN isn't cap tight like they have been in the past to where they could only carry one (or none) pressbox guy just to save a little cap space. It's better to have something and not need it as opposed to needing something and not having it.

It also give a couple AHL guys a little bump in their pay checks before the holidays.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, i keep thinking we have to save cap. It is a nice reward for good service to get a call up, even if you don't play.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Anyone else amazed the Brodin (14p) is 4th on the team in non-PP points; behind Staal (20p), Zucker (17p), and Fiala (15p)?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Anyone else amazed the Brodin (14p) is 4th on the team in non-PP points; behind Staal (20p), Zucker (17p), and Fiala (15p)?
And about half of them have come since he started playing with Soucy (I think they have 6 apiece since Dec 3). It's probably just a hot streak for both players, but still.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
And about half of them have come since he started playing with Soucy (I think they have 6 apiece since Dec 3). It's probably just a hot streak for both players, but still.

I dunno, can you really consider assists as a hot streak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad