Minnesota Wild General Discussion X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Russo's story today states "all things are trending in the right direction for an announcement in three weeks", referring to the Wild getting the 2021 Winter Classic. Sounds like the Blues are the favorite as the opponent.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Russo's story today states "all things are trending in the right direction for an announcement in three weeks", referring to the Wild getting the 2021 Winter Classic.
Mixed feelings about it, personally. On the one hand I thought the Stadium Series game ended up being pretty cool. The concept generally lends itself well to the local hockey culture and it's the sort of thing the organization can do well.

On the other hand the whole thing's been spread kind of thin by the league over the last few years. I don't have any complaints about hosting it, but it does feel a little played out.

As long as it's not against the ****ing Blackhawks I'm good, though.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Hopefully Perfetti and Kaprizov are in the lineup next year for the winter classic

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’d personally rather play Colorado in the Winter Classic

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
It was close to a bit of a boiling point in that playoff series and when Roy was the coach. I think some of the players emulated him a bit because of that...I remember Landeskog and Johnson just being huge assholes. I've heard about and seen Landeskog become a better captain since then but I remember thinking at the time he was the worst captain in the league the way he would take dumb penalties. But yeah since then with getting rid of guys like Roy and no McLeod (funny that he is on Iowa now, though) I think has made the rivalry a little less intense and the overall games better.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It was close to a bit of a boiling point in that playoff series and when Roy was the coach. I think some of the players emulated him a bit because of that...I remember Landeskog and Johnson just being huge *******s. I've heard about and seen Landeskog become a better captain since then but I remember thinking at the time he was the worst captain in the league the way he would take dumb penalties. But yeah since then with getting rid of guys like Roy and no McLeod (funny that he is on Iowa now, though) I think has made the rivalry a little less intense and the overall games better.
Since 2014 it seems like it's largely driven by poor behavior on social media, which seems like kind of a crappy basis for a rivalry. Maybe I'm old fashioned.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anyone else thought that Dumba and Suter have looked bad as a pairing since they were put together after Spurgeon got hurt? By that, I mean worse than the sum of their parts.

I think that Dumba should go back with Brodin( Dumba can babysit Brodin defensively), and the ever surprising Soucy can play with Suter....or, Brodin can go back with Suter, and Dumba play with Soucy for a Wild and reckless pairing.

The Dumba/Suter pairing is getting a lot of top minutes, and it isn't working.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Anyone else thought that Dumba and Suter have looked bad as a pairing since they were put together after Spurgeon got hurt? By that, I mean worse than the sum of their parts.

I think that Dumba should go back with Brodin( Dumba can babysit Brodin defensively), and the ever surprising Soucy can play with Suter....or, Brodin can go back with Suter, and Dumba play with Soucy for a Wild and reckless pairing.

They haven't been great, but I would like to see them play a few at home before coming to any conclusions. They got 4/6 points on the southeast roadtrip but the whole team looked pretty shaky throughout.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Sit Dumba. Dude needs to wake up offensively.

Reactions: Wild11MN

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
They were fine for the most part up until the Carolina game, and that game was beyond awful for them. I'd be willing to give them a bit more time, especially with how good the Soucy/Brodin pairing has been.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

I'm not holding my breath or anything, but Donato running with the 2C spot while Koivu's out would be a best case scenario in several ways.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Who plays D then? Shall we call it the Tissue Paper line? Ek would really be the closest replacement to Koivu, and allow Fiala and Parise to swing successfully.

Is Sturm up?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Oooh, Menell... as good as Soucy is playing, i think i'd rather have him down on the 3rd pairing with Hunt, and have Menell with either Suter or Brodin..probably the latter.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I saw Dub practiced with the team as well today. Is he coming back or no?
I'd be surprised, but I guess it's not impossible. I think the idea for the time being is that he'll practice with the team while they're at home but not travel with them. I'm not sure where that leaves him in terms of actually playing games.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
Oooh, Menell... as good as Soucy is playing, i think i'd rather have him down on the 3rd pairing with Hunt, and have Menell with either Suter or Brodin..probably the latter.

I think we should maybe see if Menell can even play 3rd pair before we decide he can play with Suter or Brodin.

Soucy has looke great. Let the guy keep going.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I guess i'm just worried about two diminutive, offensively inclined Dmen together on the 3rd pairing. BB will probably just play them 7-8 minutes of ES TOI, and a bit of PP.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I guess i'm just worried about two diminutive, offensively inclined Dmen together on the 3rd pairing. BB will probably just play them 7-8 minutes of ES TOI, and a bit of PP.

If it doesn't work, it'll be apparent early and you can change it up from there.

But it would more likely be Hunt with Brodin and Menell with Soucy if they did decide to change it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad