Where did Yzerman go wrong with the rebuild?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
I will never understand Copp hate. Yes he got a nice contract, which is always the case with UFA. But he spent last year centering a third line which was getting tough matchups, while centering Rasmussen, who is not exactly known for his offensive prowess and Fischer who is basically a jag. He managed more or less to break even on ES. He was never a goalscorer and and it is strange to expect him to rack up a lot of assists while playing with those partners. He also gets less PP time than known scorer Joe Veleno. He is not an issue in any kind of sense - he does his job.

Chiarot sucks - there is no argument from my side.

Reactions: norrisnick

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
No seriously - Where did the rebuild go wrong?

Because its looking pretty good to my eye.

Right defense.

Traded away Hronek at the 2023 TDL for what became ASP. After Seider there hasn't been anyone on the roster worth a damn at the position. 2023 we needed an upgrade and got Ghost. 2024 we needed an upgrade after losing Ghost and got Gustafsson. That is not very good.

Guys that were available in each of the last two free agency periods that would be upgrades on what we have:
2024:
Brandon Montour
Brett Pesce
Matt Roy
Chris Tanev (lol at his contract though)
Sean Walker

Ryan Graves
Radko Gudas
Matt Dumba
Luke Schenn

Also, if this message board knew years ago that he picked NYR because his wife got a medical residency there and didn't have any intentions of leaving before that finished, I don't know how NHL GMs didn't know it. (This was apparently the reason Trouba put the kibosh on the trade)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad